Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday October 29th

Today I am looking for "tk", the person who posted a comment to my Saturday entry, who has a standby ticket for Jet Blue. This afternoon, my brother-in-law offered me a buddy pass on Jet Blue, that must be used by this weekend, so I thought that between the two of you, it might be cover the cost of one round trip. I might feel well enough to go somewhere for a weekend, or I might be able to fly a family member out here to visit and help with the kids.

Today is my first day without Xeloda in 2 weeks. I can already tell that a lot of my nausea is gone. I have been getting a lot of visitors lately, so this morning I had my next door neighbor, Christi, who helped in the kitchen plus another neighbor, Suzanne, who brought me a wealth of scrapbooking supplies. That made me excited about scrapbooking again. Then, this afternoon, Elaine came to help with the boys after school. They did some chores and a bit of homework and now they are at Target, looking for a few "accessories" to their Halloween costumes, as Brenton and Jonny still are going to dress up for school on Friday, even though I won't allow Brenton to go trick or treating.

David is going through some changes at his work. Security National is shutting down the Reverse Mortgage division, but David will continue doing loans through another division of the same company. The market has been up and down with interest rates, but David seems to be holding on to some loans that should be going through soon. I don't like the uncertainty of his job right now, but we are blessed that he has a place to work.

Emilee

3 comments:

Love to Lose said...

Hi, Emilee!
I am Christi's mom. I read your article on Sunday and immediately knew who you were and where you lived. Christi has told me all about you.
I do have some ideas, and would like to talk to you about some things. Christi can give you my phone number,or my email address. I'd also be happy to give you a massage after my school lets out.
Looking forward to meeting you or talking to you!
Sharon

kathyi said...

Emilee...We saw David at the temple tonight. He helped us with some sealings with our family. He mentioned to us about the article and your blog. The article and pictures are so wonderful. This is my first time to your blog, and look forward to being an avid reader. Actually, this is my first attempt at putting a comment on anyones blog.
You are an inspiration to me and I look forward to helping you in any way I can. I'll be in touch. Love Kathy I.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee-I just wanted to write and tell you that we are thinking of and praying for You and your Family. Have a Nice Day! Bill and Earleene Black, Stockton