Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday October 7th

I've been feeling a little better each day in the last week. I can tell I don't have as much stamina as I used to. Any kind of exertion (like walking all over Wal-Mart) wears me out and I have to lie down and rest for a bit. I took the boys shopping this afternoon. We went to PetSmart for dog food and to get fish for Jonny's snake. We also stopped at Costco for a few things.

Jonny is taking beginning band and he plays the clarinet. The first band concert is tomorrow night and he can't find the blue tie he is supposed to wear. I just spent the last half hour searching his entire bedroom, inch by inch, but I didn't find the tie. I suppose tomorrow morning I might be able to borrow a tie rom another band member or get some material that is the same color, so that I can go shopping and find Jonny another one. The originals were ordered by the school, from an internet-based company. So, that is the latest drama in our lives. Of course it happened right at the time that the boys were supposed to be going to bed!

Today my cousin Chrissie brought over a beautiful album with letters and photos from my many friends and relatives. I went through 4 tissues because I got emotional and started crying. I suppose it was a good kind of cry. I am honored and touched by the kind words and poetry and inspiration on those pages. I know I will cherish this book and read it again and again.
Thanks to all my family and loved ones. I appreciate your love and support.
Emilee

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you try looking in the other boys' closets, and David's as well? Under beds? Laundry baskets? I had a bunch of boys too! Remember to use those riding CARTS when possible in stores - or were they all busy?

I'm anxious to come see Chrissie's book. She spent MANY hours putting it together. Have tissues ready for me too. I use a bunch just reading comments from your blog! Aren't these people wonderful to express their love so freely! I believe that's what's called "charity" - the pure love of Christ.

Wish we could be there for Jonny's concert, but we'll be back there soon.

Love eternally,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Emilee,


Sorry about your floor, that is certainly something that will allow you to be creative and think of all the fun possibilities. It is a pit to have it be a repeated setting. The rubber stuff might be good, there is also the stained cement. Not soft but should be easy clean up and it also can be carpeted with throw rugs??? Just another thought.

Sometimes when we hurt and do not feel well one more thing can be just too much, but maybe in this case it will allow you to let your thoughts be creative, and then you might be able to let someone else do the work and you can enjoy the fruits of creativity.???

I find when I am not feeling well, and I have had some of my own times, that uplifting thoughts of things I enjoy like the air after it rains, the warmth of sunshine in my home, the fragrance of a favorite flower, the laughter of children, music that lifts me to our Father in Heaven, feeling his love and strength, allows me to have a little relief from the pain, but more gives a measure of joy and comfort even in pain.

Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. It take a lot of courage to do what you are doing. Love to you and you family.

Deb

Ruth UK said...

Hello Emilee, missing ties huh? I get missing socks and there is only one man in the house!!! When my girls were little we learmed to look for things in the most unlikely places. My mother can be scatterbrained; one time she put her purse in the airing cupboard so it was a long time before we found it. Tomorrow I start my 11 week course on fod mangement as part of the dieticians procedure helping me to lose weight. I have already lost 28bs since 29th January so am feeling pleased. I am still way way overweight though. The food session is going to last an hour and a half and is a group session (not keen on that) and will be followed by an hour of physical exercises. You can sense my lack of enthusiasm? Apparently the group will also be weighed, no it is not Weight Watchers or any other slimming group. I just hope the machine doesn't voice your weight!! Your cousin Chrissie was very thoughtful to do the book; bet she enjoyed working on it. I have a special photo book of all the missionaries who came to my home. Happy memories. take care, have a restful day. Love Ruth

Josh said...

Hi Emilee, hope you are having a good day...so glad you are enjoying the book and knowing how much we all care for you and love you. I just finished reading a sweet book you might like to share with your boys, the Invention of Hugo Cabret (caldecott winner 2008). Really was a good escape to Paris! Got it from the library for Josh but he wasn't getting into it (he really just likes baseball books), but I loved it.

Take good care today...praying for you as always. Kath

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee,

Your parents told me about your blog. I don't know if you remember me, but I was your Beehive leader when you were 13. I was always so impressed with your wonderful, cheerful attitude. You truly were a joy to be around. I am so impressed with your strength and courage.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Loralee Sudweeks

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee,

It is amazing how you still manage to lead a very full life on top of your pain. And your family has done quite a bit of cool globetrotting in the past (I'm glad we ran into your boys in Hong Kong!). We are thinking of you and hope you continue to enjoy good cookies and fun outings.

Our love,
The Laupers
Stockton, CA