Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday October 19th

Today was another family reunion Sunday, as my parents, two nieces, my Aunt and my brother came to visit. I was able to sit up and visit with them for part of the time, then I had to go back upstairs and lie down. Even though my nausea is under control if I lie down and rest, I feel sick to my stomach when I get up and move around and try to do anything. I got up this morning and put on a dress, hoping I would feel well enough to attend church, but I didn't. My stomach hurts if it is empty, but I have a hard time eating food with the sores in my mouth. Nothing seems very appetizing to me.



Since I only eat a small amount of food, I am trying to at least drink some more nutrition, through my daily supplement (Reliv, with some wheat/barley powder) and some spinach/carrot juice. I also have been taking the supplements that Melissa Ellis ordered for me, I drink another health drink called ASEA, and off and on I have some essiac tea. Applesauce, yogurt and mashed potatoes all work fine. Anything else (even the chocolate) has to be in small bites, washed down with plenty of liquid.



I was grateful that my parents took my two oldest boys to the Herriman Days festival and fishing with my brother Daniel's family. It was pretty amazing to have a quiet evening with my husband. My parents have to return to CA tomorrow. I will miss them, but they will be back here in another three weeks, probably.


Meanwhile, I am just waiting and hoping that I will feel better. The boys are learning how to do more for themselves. Today they made waffles from scratch and I even had a few bites for breakfast. The kids have one more day of vacation from school tomorrow. Maybe they'll have time to master more cooking skills. What would you recommend for kids' recipes?

Emilee

To

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emilee-

Regarding kids cooking recipies- One of my mission favorites, surprisingly didn;t really invove Italian food, (even tho I was in Rome). What I liked to eat for a late dinner, was what I called a 3 minute meal. Just get 1 can of sweet green peas, a good hot dog, and some slices of kraft american cheese. Then, slice the hot dogs, cook them in a skilet with a little olive oil, on low/medium, (olive oil is key- very tasty, and hey, it was Italy), then when the hot dog slices are nice and warm, drain the peas, then toss them in the skillet. When it is all mixed together, and piping hot, then drain the oil, place the mixed peas and hot dog slices onto a plate, then toss ontwo or theee slices of kraft cheese- and you have a yummy, warm meal- with veggies- that kids will eat. :-)

-Greg

Jenn K said...

Quick kid meals we do are muffin pizzas (are you surprised?). Take a muffin pan, slice pre-made Pillsbury breadsticks in half and press on the bottom. Add a tablespoon of pizza sauce, some pizza cheese, and any other toppings. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes and wall-ah! It's fool proof.

They can nuke a potato in the microwave and top it with canned chili, cheese, fritos, and other veggies for a quick dinner as well.

I'll try to remember to help them out with a meal or two tomorrow. Perhaps we'll impress you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emi: I tried to send you this list of DVDs to your email address but it didn't work. So I assume you have a different one. So, here is the list I said I would send you: Litle Women, Sneakers, National Treasure 1 and 2, Pride and Prejudice, Charade, Brigadoon. Annie, Hello Dolly, How to Succeed in Business..., Mary Poppins, Sweet Charity, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Guys and Dolls, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Annie Get Your Gun, On the Town, Fiddler on the Roof, Meet me in St. Louis, Sabrina, North by Northwest. Let me know if you want any of them.

Kathryn said...

Hi emilee...my kids love meatball heroes. It's a very Italian community we live in and this is a favorite. A package of frozen meatballs, thrown in the crockpot with enough spaghetti sauce to cover them. (or you can heat on the stove) Serve on a hot dog bun or long roll. Serve with veggies and fruit on the side to round out the meal. Have a good day and feel well! Love, Kath

Anonymous said...

Emilee,

If our family can help in any way please let us know.

Dr. Nate Miller

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

This week-end was Megan's wedding and I am pleased to say that everything went well but I wanted you to know mostly that I didn't forget about you and that I prayed for you and your family.

I am so happy that you have such supportive and loving parents and siblings and that they are able to be there for you through this ordeal. I know that the quality of the relationships we build with our loved ones and friends become one of the primary purposes of this life and it is so good to see how much aboundance you have in that area.

I know that every day is a challenge for you and I just wanted you to know that you are not alone out-there and that many (including myself) love you and pray for you and for a miracle.

Love.

Amedee
Amedee