Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday October 11th

Today was restful and fun. The morning was quiet, since the boys were gone overnight with David on the father/sons outing. My dog Sandi kept me company, even sleeping in my bed since David wasn't there! I've been recording some of those Lifetime TV movies with the dvr, so when the house is quiet, I watch one or two of them. I don't follow many dramas on network television, but I like to record some TLC programs and some on the other Discovery Network channels.

I still have a sore throat today. It makes it uncomfortable to eat. I first had one right after chemo, then it got better. Lately, it has returned and has been hurting a little more each day. I still have some pain in my liver, but it is mostly under control. Sometimes the pain meds make me sleepy so I dozed off at least once this morning while watching tv.

My brother Dave came over at lunchtime to collect the 3 boys. I was glad that he was willing to have all 3 over at the same time. Sometimes Nathan can be a handful, but Dave let him play with his old transformers and helped him learn some video games. My husband was doing some marketing for Security National at the Senior Expo in Sandy, so he was gone all afternoon. I was glad that my Aunt Linda and cousin Chrissie invited me to attend a play with them at the Hale Ctr. Theater in Orem. We went to a matinee and it was the modern musical production of Aida. The music was composed by Elton John and Tim Rice and first came out on broadway. Even though it was a small town production in Orem, I enjoyed the elegant costumes and the excellent singers and actors. On our way home, we were able to pick the boys up at Dave's, so that worked out well.

I'm just going to rest this evening. The kids are watching a science fiction movie that I recorded on dvr. I like the fact that the movie was edited for television, so many of the bad words are replaced by milder versions. I feel grateful that I can still go out and do things, as long as I bring my pain pills and some snacks with me. I'm actually looking forward to my treatment on Wednesday, to see if it will help against the pain and swelling. Maybe I'll actually feel better instead of feeling worse. Who knows?
Emilee

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Emilee-

If you are still interested in supplements, I have a credit at http://www.4yourtype.com/ and can give some to you.

You can look over the site and let me know what you want, or I can just select a few for you. (I'd pick out Deflect O, Polyflora O, Detoxical-D, Aromastat, and Rekon Pro, and my credit would cover one bottle of each). I always highly recommend the diet, but even without it, these are high quality and highly effective supplements.

Check them out and let me know if you'd like to try them.

-Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee, this is my first time on your blog. My name is Anne Mullen from the Brookside Ward. I had your wonderful son in primary a little while back. You would have thought he had always been there, so willing to participate and bery bright. Is late and I still have the bulletin to do for tomorrow but wanted to say hello and that my love and prayers go out to you.

Julia Ann said...

Hi there Miss Emilee,
Its good to hear that you went to a play! I didn't even know there was a Hale Ctr in Orem. I used to go to the one in West Valley. So much fun! But the best play was Forgotten Carols of course. Oh how I wish he was still coming back to Sacramento. Courtney has never gotten to go- she said it was like a coming of age- but we moved back to Stockton before she got to that age. HEHEHEHE.
I hope your treatment goes well this Wednesday. I will be reading the blog to keep informed. It is so nice that you are doing this and it is probably a lot easier than answering phone calls all day and thousands of emails.
I love you and miss you. Take care of yourself please.
Love Julie (Fisher) Chesley

Melissa said...

Actually, I heard back from my ND, and he recommended a little different assortment of supplements for you (Helix, Aromastat, Rekon, Deflect, and Histona), so I'm having them sent to you. Using these along with your chemotherapy should help.

Here's wishing you more days of health and successful treatments.

We love you-
Melissa

Kathryn said...

Hi there, hope today is going well for you! Glad to read about your week and hope you feel more comfortable. Glad you got out yesterday with the gals...wish i could be there to do fun things with you all and to help out where I could. But know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love, Kath

Matt and Maggie said...

Gotta love TLC Network. We don't have cable anymore, so maybe for the sake of me being constructive, that is a good thing.! It's been ages since I've seen a play. How neat you got to go.
Oh, and I'm a scout leader so that idea with the pumpkin is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee! I hope you're feeling better! I stopped by to see your Parents yesterday morning, but am happy to see they are there with You! I would like to send you a get well card, but don't know your address-could you put it in your blog? I'm sure there are others that would like to send you something, too. We are Praying for You and wish you the Best! Love, William Black

Ann Marie said...

Hi Emilee.
I just caught up with your blog. It sounds like you've had some rough spots. Oh, I remember Chemo brain! You feel like all the information is out there somewhere, it's just not entering your brain. With me, I had some challenges in the beginning when there were so many tumors. I love to read, but I couldn't even concentrate on a magazine article. It's as if your body is too busy with the important work of fighting the cancer to spare any efforts elsewhere.
--The SF Chronicle attended a Prop 8 rally yesterday reporting on the grassroots efforts in Stockton so I went online today to see if the article was in today's issue. I didn't find it but I did see an article about a Chronicle copy editor diagnosed with cancer at 23. It's called Alicia's Story. I got involved reading it but cut it off as it was so long. I wanted to talk to you. If you're so inclined, go to the web site and read her story. She is still fighting. Hang in there. You're staying remarkably active and in good spirits. I'm glad your parents are there with you. Tell them "Hi" for us.
All my best wishes and prayers, Ann Marie Pierce