Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday October 20th

Lately my posts have become rather repetitive. I get up in the morning, take some pills, eat a few crackers then take some more pills. I did the same snack routine a couple of time and hadn't even come downstairs yet when Jennie arrived. It was nice to have her there to supervise the kids and bring Nathan home. I missed the little guy! Jennie also taught me how to add more photos to this blog, so you will notice that I chose last month's family photos for the header. The only thing I couldn't do was add a title and description onto that photo, so it has to go on the right sidebar.

I'm still taking the oral Xeloda and even though my pain is pretty under control, I am thinking that my nausea is probably from this tablet that I take once in the morning and once in the evening. Today I felt like a princess giving orders from her throne. I have a bell on my nightstand and rang it when I needed the boys to bring me something, or when I had a question for Jennie, etc.

Jennie brought me a smoothie from Jamba Juice and it was the most-enjoyed food item that I've had in the past few weeks. Not only did it taste good, but the coolness soothed my tender mouth and throat. It even had soy protein so I felt like it was nutricious. I'm going to teach my boys how to make some fruit smoothies with some fruit that we already have in our freezer. So, next time you stop by Jamba, bring along a mango smoothie and if at Sonic, I have always liked the sunshine smoothie.

I never dreamed that I could turn down so much chocolate in one day. I've had several people bring me my most favorite chocolates and I can barely get a few bitefuls of one down each day. With all of my food complaints, you would think my body would be thin by now, but I guess I'll always be chubby, that's the way it has to be.
Emilee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would your favorite ice creams be a good idea then?

Anonymous said...

I like the new look of your blog. I just wanted to point out that I sent you a message via facebook and I hope you are able to get it and read it.

Louise and Tim said...

I love your website's new look. It has WOW factor! At least, that's what I said as soon as it opened this morning. I wanted to let you know how inspiring you are to me and that every time I visit your page (and I visit you nearly every day) I'm sending you my love and strength and prayers. I find a lot of faith strengthener in the comments and service your friends and family send you. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Emilee,

Hey I remember my dad having those sores in his mouth as well, they were terrible. I can tell you the only thing he ever wanted were shakes or smoothies, so you are on the right track, they helped him, and gave him at least some comfort, even though it is for a short time. Good luck, we love you and your family, you are in our prayers constantly. This sounds like the point where we did not want to go huh? well seems like you are dealing with it better than You thought. You are doing a great job. Let me know if ya need anything! Heidi