Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday October 22nd

I've been feeling emotional today, though I'm not so sure why it is today and not any other day. It is hard to feel encapsulated in my house, so out of touch with the real world. I was able to get out for a short bit this afternoon. Elaine drove me to lab to get my blood tested. Basically the counts were a little down, as expected, but nothing to worry about. Elaine then took my 3 boys down to the dentist for exams. I was happy to hear that none of them had cavities and so it was just a routine checkup.

David has been feeling sick lately. He went to a Dr. on Monday and got some prescriptions. The Dr. told him that if he wasn't better in 2 days, he should take the antibiotic, so David is doing that. Sometimes having him work from home brings me more stress, even though he is there to help the boys or do something for me, should I need it. He tells me that sometimes home is better because the office is distracting. David has an appointment tonight, and he tells me that even though rates went up for a week, they are back down again so he can do some refinances for people.

Despite my worries and fears, I am grateful for the gospel of Christ which helps me have faith and hope. When I am sad or feeling sick, I can pray for comfort. Sometimes my prayers are answered by people here on earth who bring me groceries, pick up my prescription, make dinners for my family and have my children over. Right now, what I need the most is for a friend or two to invite my children over after school or in the evening. I desperately want them to go somewhere and have fun and not have to worry about me all the time. I also want them to be well-supervised, so I can relax and know they are in good hands.
Emilee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what it's like to be home bound and how that makes you feel out of touch with others. I'm glad that you got to go out a little bit today. I hope tomorrow is a better day and that you feel better in your spirits.

Chrissie said...

I'd love to have Nathan over tomorrow or Friday. I would have the other boys over too, but I'm sure they would be bored at our house. My boys love Nathan and it's great that all three of them can play together. I love you and think of you often!

Glen and Bonnie said...

Late night (8 p.m. late?) SURPRISE VISITOR!!!

Dear Emilee,
Much as we hate to learn you aren't quite up to being your normally bouncy self, we constantly pray that the discomfort you feel is really the strong medications fighting back the evil disease!

Our surprise visitor last night was Peter who came to help me install the new additional internal hard drive to our computer to give it LOTS more extended life - like 500 GB (half a trillion more bytes of memory power)! Along with the same-sized new external drive for back-up purposes these two computer drives were what I purchased as per his counseling in order to ensure that our computer-stored data is protected. Installing them was one of the MANY home tasks that I needed to get done.

Your baby brother (this gigantic MAN now - spiritually, intellectually, and physically) is almost as super as YOU! We really appreciated his help & surprise visit. I thought you too might appreciate knowing a little of what's happening here too.

KEEP UP THE WISE WAYS that you have adopted by NOT moving around a lot and by doing EVERYTHING you can to get better!

ALWAYS LOVE FROM DAD!!!

P.S. Glad to hear about your prayers too. Let's face it, the Good Lord just can't ignore the hundreds, maybe thousands, of us who are constantly bugging HIM to help YOU! Now keep that SMILE a going! OK?

Julie D said...

Hi Emilee,
We are in Arizona visiting with our daughter, Renee, and her family for a few days and I thought I'd take this opportunity to send you a note. We want you to know that we continue to pray for you. You have such courage and faith. We really admire you for that and hope with all our hearts that you will enjoy many good days to come. I hope that each day you will be able to accomplish something (even if it is just one little thing) because I know that can bring you satisfaction and some happiness. Just using that terrific smile of yours would certainly brighten anyone's day.
Love you,
Don and Julie DaGrade

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your Dad, is in order, for the wonderful instructions on how to do this blogging thing! I have never done it before. I love seeing and reading about your family and thought you would like to get the update on mine. Scott, our oldest and his wife, Rhonda have been living with us for the last four years as they have been finishing their Master's programs. Rhonda, in modern dance, and Scott, in law. The bar is over and we find out next month if he passed. They have one son, Jackson(3) and a little girl due in February. Dennis is going to school too, as he had a change of career. He is working toward a nursing degree now. Jamie and her husband, Viet, have a son, Daniel(2) and she works in merchandising and graffic arts, her husband in computers, (thank heaven). Julie and Skip have 2 daughters and one on the way. Samantha is 5, Katelyn 18 mo., and a baby girl is due in January. Skip, her husband is a paramedic, and Julie is staying at home with the girls. Allie is having her first baby, a boy, in March and lives in Reno. She works at a Vet's office, as a tech asst., and her husband Sean is an army recruiter. Todd is now in his second year as a missionary in the Taiwan Taipei Mission. Which he loves! Randy and I are retired now, although sometimes I think we're just tired. :) We have been enjoying some hobbies etc., (who ever thought we would get into horses at our age?) and helping our kids with babysitting etc. That's it in a nutshell!
I have often thought about you and have continued to include you and your family in our prayers. I have enjoyed reading your blogs and seeing your example of faith and courage. Thank you.
I do have some funny stories to amuse you, but I'll save those for another day. Until then, we love you and hope for a better day tomorrow. Debbie Rooker, family friend. We love the Dolbergs. P.S. I'll figure out how to get it to say my name instead of anonymous later...baby steps!

Len and Elaine said...

Today was special because I was with you! You have the most compassionate doctors and nurses. I really can see their admiration for you -- you are such a fighter and I agree. I hope you feel uplifted by all those who love you. I know our Heavenly Father is close by your side at this difficult time and is aware of your pain and needs. It is always my prayer that you will have your suffering eased and time prolonged with your family and loved ones.