Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday October 10th

I didn't get a chance to write on my blog yesterday. I woke up yesterday morning with a lot of pain in my liver area and increased swelling in my abdomen. I took pain pills every few hours yesterday and I wanted to wait until today to see if this "attack" would subside on its own. One fun thing I got to do yesterday, despite feeling sick, is help Nathan decorate a pumpkin for his cub scout pack meeting. The instructions were to make the pumpkin into a character from a book. I just knew someone else would do "Harry Potter" so I took Nathan up in his room to search the bookshelf for an alternative. I kept thinking, what character's face is orange and round?? Finally we were in luck when we discovered a Garfield the cat book. We used paint and markers to draw the face of Garfield on the pumpkin! We cut some heavy orange paper to make the ears and we glued a button on his nose. I think Nathan was happy with it. I was too sick to attend pack meeting and David had an appointment, so I drove Jonny over with Nathan. Oh, and sure enough, as I was dropping the boys off, another kid was walking into the building with a Harry Potter pumpkin!

Last night I was up every couple of hours to take more pain medicine, so I had to call my oncologist this morning. He is ordering a CAT scan to be done at American Fork Hospital and he will call me back after he gets the results. It is scary for me, as I wonder if the swelling and pain will ever get better. I'll just pray that the Dr. will know the right thing to do for me.

I appreciate everyone who reads my blog and writes comments. I am glad to have the beautiful book Chrissie put together for me, which has many letters from family and friends. I will be able to read your comments and words of comfort over and over. Thanks again! Emilee

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have been in pain. I am glad your new doctor is attentive to your needs. You deserve the best!

And by the way, I was at pack meeting last night and saw "Garfield". You two did a great job on it! Nathan looked very pleased with his pumpkin. Hope you are feeling better this weekend.

Jenn K said...

Ugh, what a pain to be in, uh, pain. I have a bunch of clothes for you that may be more comfortable. I'll bring them to the baby blessing to pass on to David or yourself if you attend this weekend. Talk to you soon.

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee!

Ella says "HI!" Lola stayed in Elk Grove to go to school. Friends will pick her up until Paul gets home. He dropped Ella off to us this morning on his way to work.

I'm telling you about Ella in order to make today's sunshine for you a bit brighter. Ella's little smile tends to have that brightening effect.

Now that you've imagined her face and her smile, please see yourself with that magical smile and then you'll understand how you looked when you were age!! Now keep smiling because you know that ALL of us LOVE YOU!

SMILES and SMILES of Hugs & Kisses from your DAD!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome mom you are - I'll bet the Garfield pumpkin looked great! How smart to not follow the easy (Harry Potter!) path. Your boys are so lucky to have you. I'm sorry to hear your pain has been worse the last couple of days. Will pray that the doctors will get it back under better control soon. Take care - Kari

Len and Elaine said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a rough time since we were together on Wednesday. Len and I hope tonight is better for pain and sleeping. How wonderful that the doctor is swift to respond.

I'll be in touch tomorrow and see what we can do to help.

Love and prayers,
Elaine

Len and Elaine said...

Dear Emilee, I hope you feel better tonight.
Thank you again for your wonderful editing work and delightful comments. I submitted the manuscript to John Bytheway this week. I was grateful for the
very kind note from your father, Glen, regarding this book. Mark Twain said he could live for two months on a good complement. I am certainly no Mark Twain but Glen's thoughtfulness will last me much longer than that. Love, Len

Ruth UK said...

Hi Emilee, I just spent the morning moaning about our visit "home" next week which is technically classed as a holiday but in reality will be spent taking 3 family members to hospital and doctor appointments which are not cheerful prospects at the best of times. Then I remember you and your problems and how no matter what you just get on and deal with things and so I wonder what the heck I am moaning for. My eldest daughter and her husband set up a shop selling hand made English leather belts some of which are made to the customer's specific design. After 6 months the lease holder pulled out of the lease and they have struggled to continue in business operating from home since. On Monday they have an appointment to view another shop so fingers are crossed and prayers being said that they will be successful. Anne-Marie has her stitches removed from her knee surgery next week which will possibly aid a quicker recovery though she has been warned to work on her exercises carefully as the knee is now held together by two screws. I haven't seen my daughters since April and will only get to see them one day out of the week we are in Weston which is sad. Thank goodness for phones, texts and emails. The weather is dreary today and we are hoping that it improves for the journey down to Somerset. Since Walmart took over Asda here there has been an upsurge in Halloween celebrations though not everyone is interested. Keep smiling Emilee; set us all an example. Take care, hope today is a better day for you. Love Ruth

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

Hi Emilee,
We only met once a few years ago but I grew up with the Ellis Family in California. I just wanted to thank you for your courage. I appreciate your honest words and strength you have to carry on. Your example is overwhelming. You are in my prayers.
Thanks again,
Tiffany Huerta King
PS I thought the Garfield pumpkin was clever!!!

Susie said...

Emily,

I wish I could have seen you at the blessing but I understand that you weren't feeling well! It was great to talk to David, he had so many positive things to say about you!

I hope today is going better for you!

Much love!!