Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday October 4th

Today was General Conference. We were able to get 5 tickets from David's sister, so our whole family could attend the morning session. It was rainy all day, but still the crowds of people came out to attend conference. Nathan just barely met the age limit (8 and older), so it was his first time. I brought him some paper and some Friend magazines, but he was bored pretty much the whole time and kept asking how much longer until it was over. I really enjoyed the talks, at least the ones that I stayed awake for. I kept dozing off during the second hour, as my anti-nausea medicine makes me sleepy. At least that made the 2 hours seem to pass by really fast!

On our way home from Salt Lake, we stopped at IKEA in Draper, as David had never been there. We didn't buy much, just a few snacks and a spray bottle (to spray the dog when she misbehaves!) David just got home from taking Brenton and Jonny to the priesthood session at the stake center. I was grateful to be feeling well today, since I am keeping up with my medicines. After feeling sick off and on during this past week, I really appreciated having an outing with the family, and being able to enjoy it, too.
Emilee

9 comments:

Jenn K said...

So glad the tickets got there in time and you were able to go!

Glen and Bonnie said...

From MRS. Glen (still haven't figured out how to use my OWN)

Hopefully you were able to hear many of the talks. I was amazed at how many of them seemed to be just for US! Did you hear the one on hope? If you didn't, be sure to go online to listen to it! Thanks Jenn for giving them the tickets! It reminded me of last spring when we went together to one of the sessions. Such wonderful memories.

Love, Mom

Ruth UK said...

HI its Ruth; your mum says she hasn't figured out how to use her own blog I guess and I am sitting here holding my breath wondering whether I have found my way through the google blog minefield!! I am glad you were able to attend the Conference; the talks can be very uplifting. I know that friends here are watching on their computers rather than go to their Stake House and friends in the US are watching on tv. I wish it were on tv here; a lot easier than viewing on your computer. I have never been in Salt Lake at Conference time but have been to The Music and Spoken Word twice and come away from that emotionally drained. Hope that each day you continue to feel well. Take care. Love Ruth

Unknown said...

Hi! Dad helped me set up my OWN blogging identity! Now I can be my own person - the luck MOM of one beautiful little angel called EMILEE!

Love always from MOM!

Matt and Maggie said...

We're so glad you could enjoy such a day. Matt wants to know where your picture with the light house was taken?

Maciah Rose said...

Hi Aunt Emilee -- General Conference went really fast for me this time. During it, I was trying to crochet a scarf but I had to start over a million times. After it was over, I went and changed my earrings, which is a random thing to do, but it's what I felt like doing. Poor Sandy -- I feel her pain. My dad chases me around the house with a spray bottle sometimes too. But just to be funny. I really wish I could have gone to Conference with you. Did you get a cinnamon roll at Ikea? Those are the most delicious cinnamon rolls besides the ones my mom makes. I'm glad you could get out of the house and do something fun with your family. It would be cool to do something with you while you're feeling well. Love, Ciah

Cindy Cole Wahlquist said...

Thank you for this blog Emilee! It is good to know how you are doing. I'm so glad you have been able to get out.

Wasn't conference wonderful? They are so in touch with the people and what we need to hear. Did you have a favorite talk? I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk on hope and Elder Bednar on prayer.

Our family drove up the canyon between sessions. The fall leaves are such a treat. I think nature is one way God loves to delight us.

I hope you have a good week! Our prayers are with you and your family.

Kathryn said...

HI from New York...we were excited to watch Conference via live stream on our computer instead of just listening to it. It was wonderful and so helpful and inspiring. Now onto this week! Hope you feel well and I was so happy to read about how things are going well with your new doctor. Love you...Kath

Anonymous said...

Emilee, I've been reading your posts and I enjoy reading everyone's comments. We recorded conference and watched it when we were done with breakfast. Its nice to be able to pause and take breaks or fast forward past the congregation singing.