Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday October 23rd

Today I noticed an improvement in several areas. My nausea and pain has been getting better. Also, the swelling around my liver is going down. Elaine took me to the pain doctor this morning. My thinking has become less clear and sometimes my mind is fuzzy. I had a hard time explaining to the Dr. about my medications and I was glad that Elaine was there to take notes for me. As a result, I am going to try to lower my dose, as I need all of my thinking capacity to speak and make decisions!

After picking up my prescriptions, Elaine brought me home and the photographer from the Daily Herald came over. She wanted to record my voice telling my story and my experiences. She said that the newspaper article will have a link to the internet, where people can click and listen to several breast cancer patients. I am glad Ashley told me that my words could be edited, so I didn't worry as much about making a mistake or having a pause, etc.

When the kids got home, I was able to greet them and talk to them before I went up and took a nap. I have been using a little of my magic mouthwash before eating, so that the food doesn't make my mouth sore. Due to the meals that were brought this week as well as groceries, our refrigerator is full! Also, my chocolate is in good supply. Jennie suggested I start making a "wish list" so I can update it as well as tell which wishes have been "fulfilled." Many of my small requests have been granted. Today, the only thing I might like is some more movies that I can watch when I am up in my room. We have a digital cable box, but it is down in the family room, so I just get the cable in our bedroom. After enjoying the dvr feature on our cable box, I almost hate to watch live tv anymore and have to wait through the commercials!

Thank you to Jennie for the cute photos of Nathan and Trent. Nathan commented that Trent lost his tooth over the weekend. Also Nathan said that the pumpkin in his photo was too heavy, so he actually chose a lighter one to take home and keep. Can you believe that Halloween is only a week away? Wow!
Emilee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you were feeling a little bit better today. Elaine is such a great help and is comforting. I really like the idea of putting your "wish list" on your blog so that people know what they can do. I have a question for you-- how did the local newspaper find out about you so that they could feature you? We're all looking forward to seeing that! I hope that the sores in your mouth get better. Thank you so much for keeping up your blog. It really helps me to know how you're doing.

Anonymous said...

Also, I just want to acknowledge your husband David for all that he is doing for you and your family. I know that he must be under a lot of pressure, so please let him know that he is included in our love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

David and I have found comfort in the words of the hymn, "Come Ye Disconsolate"

Come ye disconsolate where'er ye languish, Come to the mercy seat, fervently kneel. Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.

Joy of the desolate, light of the straying, hope of the penitent, fadeless and pure. Here speaks the Comforter, tenderly saying, Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot cure.

Here see the bread of life, see waters flowing forth from the throne of God, pure from above. Come to the feast of love. Come ever knowing. Earth has no sorrow but Heaven can remove.

I find particular solace in the line, "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal."

Hymn No. 115

Anonymous said...

Emilee, you just keep doing what you are--resting and being grateful for the folks who are stepping in. Having been there myself, I know how hard it is to feel useless and trapped in your own home, but, to add a little humor, I know all the lines to Golden girls and Will & Grace by heart. Liftime was my constant companion for those years:)
Know that many of us are praying for you.

Susan Dalberg (wife to your dad's cousin)

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

It was so good to hear you were feeling better on Thursday but I know that it must be like a roller-coaster with ups and downs all the time. I sort of relate to that as I am going through my divorce and feel the roller-coaster effect all the time. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers often and that I admire your courage and strentgh and the wonderful family and relationships you have with them. In the long run I know that that is really all that matters.

With love and concern for you and your family.

LUV5KDZ said...

Hey, Emilee
I thought I had better take the time to leave a comment today. I have been so busy with life myself and never wanting to be a bore, that I haven't posted in a long while.

As you know, I am very busy with the election matters here in California. I thought I would share a wonderful scripture with you that the spirit brought to my mind before I was asked to take on this huge burden: Mosiah 29:21-24 talks about having an unrighteous king (or president in our case) but more specifically, verses 25-27 was given to me in spirit the day before I was asked to do this great work. Here is what it says.

Therefore, choose you by the voice of this people, judges, that ye may be judged according to the laws which have been givne you by our fathers, which are correct, and which were given them by the hand of the Lord.

Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law -- to do your business by the voice of the people.

And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

The scripture goes on in verses 28-29 to talk about the judges, being judged by higher judges, or by several lower judges in order to come to a righteous judgment if necessary. Then, in vers 30, it say very directly, I command you to do these things in the fear of the Lord...

It is with excited anticipation that I watch all that is happening around me. I pray that the people will choose the better part as they are given the opportunity in this election. Otherwise, I know that we are in for a great event in our area that will humble and/or destroy those who fight against the laws of God.

We will see. In 2000, the voice of the people upheld the law that marriage be only between a man and a woman. In June of this year, 4 judges overturned the vote of 4 million people and the corruption has been rampant thorough our government, our courts, and even our schools. It will be very interesting to see what happens in November.

SO, now you know what I have been up to! This Saturday, we will all be out with signs showing our very public support for this measure.

Jessica joined the Pink Ladies today at school. It is a Breast Cancer support/awareness club on campus :) She was proud to show me her ribbon.

You are always in our thoughts and prayers, dear friend!

LUV to you always,
Rebecca