Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday October 13th

I was sick again today. I woke up in a lot of pain and was surprised that the patches (yes, now I use two) weren't working to control my pain. I also had a lot of nausea today. Despite those challenges, my throat and mouth have been feeling better. Perhaps is it because I am more careful to eat foods that don't irritate as much. I rested almost all day and all evening. David came home in the afternoon, as he said he had a feeling I might need more help today. He finished up his work by using his home office this afternoon.

Even though I didn't feel well, some good things still happened today. All three boys rode their bikes to and from school and were willing to do their homework and chores after that. Jonny helped me make some homemade ice cream and Brenton cooked dinner for the family. The family is really rising to the occasion when I can't do as much for them. The reporter from the Daily Herald called and did phone interviews with David and Brenton today. I found out that my feature article will be published on Sun. Oct. 26. Even though we don't get this newspaper (local for Utah County) I think everything will be available online.

During family home evening tonight, I had a frank discussion with the children. I pointed out several people we know who had been really sick with cancer, even sicker than I am, and they had a miracle and got better. I also talked to them about the family in our ward that lost their mother and also my grandpa Baer who lost his mother. We read the scripture D&C 42:48 and discussed the fact that we can accomplish much with our faith and prayers, but in the end it is God's will we must accept.

For our activity, we watched "Little People, Big World" which is a family oriented reality show on TLC. I like watching programs that are inspiring and realistic. Tonight I realized that every one of my 4 brothers has written or called me this week. I am grateful for their love and support. In fact, I would recommend that all of you reading this go back to my previous entries and read some of the comments people have written. I have to say that I think the comments are much more interesting and inspiring than my daily descriptions of my deteriorating health!

Anyone nearby who would like to go shopping for me tomorrow, please call me after 9 am. I have been too sick to go to the store. Also, I'm having a dentist appointment at 8:30 am and he will probably prescribe a special mouthwash that he gave me last time, so I'll need to go to a pharmacy as well. I'm looking forward to taking Melissa and Benjamin up on their offers, so be careful what you offer, because I just might accept!
Emilee

7 comments:

Benjamin said...

You just do that. Let me know we will make you any thing you want. you have been on my mind all day.

Jenn K said...

So sorry I wasn't able to be there on Monday. Sounded like you needed help more that day than the other weeks I've been. I'll see you on Wedensday evening and we look forward to having Nathan for a few days.

Chrissie said...

Let me know what you need and I can go to the store for you! I'll call you in a little while. I'm so sorry you had a rough day yesterday.

Melissa said...

Great! The package should arrive at your door this Thursday or Friday. These will strengthen your immune system and help it recognize and fight the cancer.

greg said...

Go here

http://www.fborfw.com/fun/tricky/

Anonymous said...

Dear Emilee:

It's an inspiration to read your blog and to feel your strength. Thank you for your amazing example. I just wanted to say hello and to let you know I am praying for a miracle for you.

With much love.

Amedee Sanchez

Susie said...

I think it's so good that you had that discussion with your children. I really admire your optimism and faith throughout your illness, Emilee. Thank you for being such a wonderful example to me!