Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Monday October 28th

Today was busy, and I think I overdid it, as I felt sick this afternoon and evening. I enjoyed making a new friend this morning, who is also a breast cancer survivor. The biggest headache today came from the man who came to fix the crack in my countertop. Because he was there, I didn't get much rest, plus he left our kitchen (2 hours later) full of dust all over the floor, table, cupboards and appliances. I was able to get help from two Relief Society sisters, so my kitchen was clean when the boys got home.

It always keeps me busy to have the kids home from school, as I help them with various things. Jonny's friend came over in need of some more props for his "nerd" costume. I made some homemade bread using the breadmaker and also made some dinner for the kids, so by then, I think I was pretty worn out. I also supervised Nathan in his homework and encouraged the other boys to finish their chores. I'm looking forward to having Elaine over tomorrow afternoon to help when the boys get home from school.

Tonight they had a Halloween carnival at the church for the primary kids, and the young men and women were helping run the games. Nathan wore his jaguar costume and David took him over to church. Brenton and Jonny are still over there helping. The Relief Society wants me to list a few other things that they could help with. One is to organize the bookcases in my bedroom. The other is to sort through my prescriptions so I can apply to a cancer care program which can reimburse my prescription co-pays. Once those are done, I'll list a few more things, but that's all for now.

Emilee

P.S. I'd like to get to know Christi, my next door neighbor, so I want to have her over to chat this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there in the morning with bells on Emilee..:)XOXOXOXO Can't wait!
Christi

Christine said...

Jacob decided to be a nerd this year. I was happy to buy .50 cent coke bottle glasses and $1.00 fake teeth and be done with it. We'll dress him up with what he has around here for the rest. Nice!

Sounds like you did a lot on Monday with homemade bread to boot! Makes my mouth water to think about it. Hope your kids have fun on Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee its Michelle House (was Hovey). My dad told me about your article and blog. I can't believe all you have been through, I was crying the whole time. You are such a strong woman! Even though you are feeling sick you still get up each day and keep going. You are such an example to me. I've been sick with stomach problems for 5 months now and I pretty much just stay in bed every day. You keep going and I know you must give hope to many women out there. I also wanted to thank you for coming to my wedding! That was a year ago, but I was so happy to see you. I thought you would be too sick. Thank you so much for coming and your present. I just hope that David can find a new job soon. Sometimes it seems like everything bad in life happens all at once. I know I’m not very old but I feel that way sometimes, but I just remember that there is a reason we go through all these challenges. I'm sure you know that. We love you and your family so much and wish we were closer. We pray for you all the time and will continue to. Thank you for being such a good example to me.
Love, the Houses