Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday November 2nd

I don't know what it is about Halloween, but my kids have been bouncing off the ceiling and haven't come down yet. Blame it on the candy, but I also think there is a bad spirit lurking around and whispering in their ears. Losing my hair that day didn't help my emotions, so I had an up and down Saturday as well. Jonny was supposed to attend a boy scout pow wow in the morning, but I didn't realize that it was down at BYU, which is about 25 minutes from our house. Plus, from the moment he woke up, he refused to go, so David and I had to combine efforts to get him there. On our way home, we were able to greet David's niece, Anna, who was baptized in Pleasant Grove. David's parents and siblings were there and we missed the ceremony, but arrived as everyone was leaving the church.

A kind neighbor offered us the use of their family cabin on Saturday night, so we brought the kids up and stayed until late this morning. Thankfully, it was daylight savings time, so we had an extra hour to sleep in. All 3 boys were fascinated by the pinball machine at the cabin, so that was their favorite activity. I also played ping pong with them, but mostly I drifted in and out between naps during the whole evening. The boys stayed up late, and I woke up in time to say goodnight. Brenton and Jonny did fine, but Nathan had a late night tantrum and refused to sleep in his bed and wanted to sleep in our room. That was fine, but he was also panicked about bugs and he had a stomach ache (too much candy??). About 11:30, he finally ended up throwing up on the bathroom floor and taking a soothing bath before he fell asleep at midnight. See what I mean about the spirit?

Anyhow, we enjoyed the cabin and played a family game there this morning. David made french toast for us all and we came home in time to attend church. I took my mini nap before church, like last week, then got dressed and was able to stay for about an hour and a half. It was fast Sunday, so I got a chance to bear my testimony. It was fun to greet people, as I haven't been out much in the past 2 months.

On our way home from the cabin, I shared with David and the boys the possibility that I might just feel well enough during the first week of December to take a family trip, assuming my 3 week cycle of chemo goes as planned and I have some time to recover. I almost don't want to get my hopes up, but I would love to go on a Carribbean cruise. I calculated that cruises cost about $100 per day per person, so a week's cruise for 5 people would cost $3500. Then, the airfare to the embarkation port would be about $500 per person or $2500. In addition, I know you need to pay extra for excursions and additional activities. I don't know how much to estimate for that. Maybe my parents, the seasoned cruisers, can give me some advice. If not December, then maybe January or February, as it will still be cold in Utah but warm in the south.

Bye for now. I'll try to put a photo or two up for you to see. Emilee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Anna got to see their Uncle David and Aunt Emilee on her baptism day. Thank you so much for coming by. I'm glad that you got to get away for some time at the cabin. I'm sorry that the boys have been acting up or otherwise having difficulties. I hope this changes soon.

The Carribean cruise sounds fantastic! I hope that you guys can go. We'll all be hoping that you'll be feeling up to this in December.

Anonymous said...

p.s. and Anna is your niece too!

Jenn K said...

Ugh, too bad Nathan got sick. At least there was a reason for his fit (not feeling well). Glad he and Trent got to play when he was feeling great. It made Trent's day.

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

It looks last week was a difficult one for you as losing your hair must have been a hard thing to take but the cruise goal seems like a wonderful thing to plan for. As one who loves cruising, I will pray you are able to do that with your family as all of you will remember that vacation as one of your most memorable ones. Please know you and your family are in my prayers and that miracles happen everyday.

With much love and concern.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee-
You don't know me, but my name is Jamie Baer Mercado and I am the daughter of Travis Baer, brother to Sterling Baer. He was at the extended family reunion in July and lives in Farmington, UT. I was unable to come because I have two small children and can't afford to travel that often. (I live in California) I just wanted you to know that I have been reading your blogs and am SO INSPIRED BY YOU! I have been fasting and praying for you, and I want you to realize the profound effect your example is having on the lives of those you don't even know. The Lord is mindful of you and your family. I love you and hope that you are feeling better.
Keep fighting!
Sincerely-
Jamie Baer Mercado
P.S. My favorite scripture is Proverbs 3:5-6