Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday November 11th

I've been feeling sick to my stomach all day, but if I lie down for a while, I usually feel better. My visiting teacher, Peggy, drove me to the Optometrist in the morning where he changed my prescription. The same thing happened during the past year on another chemo drug. Anyhow, I got a new pair of lenses to try, so I can be sure that they will work well for me.

Peggy then took me over to Lincoln Academy so I could check the children out of school early. Brenton and Jonny both had complete physicals. Brenton even got a flu shot. I didn't speak with the Dr. at the end, as I was greeting my mom and David who had come to pick me up. So, I'll need to find out if they have any serious health problems to report. In this case, no news is good news. I wanted the boys to have an exam since it is the end of the year and we have met our deductible for the insurance. Luckily, today's exam will also count when they go to scout camp in the summer.

The Relief Society sisters brought us a delicious dinner. I can tell if the kids like things when they ask for seconds! It is nice to have my mom here again. She takes over much of my responsibilities so I can rest, knowing that the house and kids are safe in her arms. She is also good at cooking and preparing meals, so I know she is good at a lot of things. How do think I learned to be the person I am today?
Emilee

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Emilee outdoes her mother in MANY ways. I just try to keep up with her!

Proud to be Emilee's Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee,
I can see why you'd love to have your mom there with you. We appreciate it so much when she and your Dad get back to Stockton.
It's a beautiful autumn day here in Stockton. A little chilly, but more and more color in the trees. I know Utah's beautiful this time of year. Haven't been there this time of year in years, but have fond memories from growing up there.
Thanks so much for keeping up your blog. You continue to be an inspiration.
Carol from Stockton

Glen and Bonnie said...

Lots of things that Moms can do for daughters where Dads are not quite as welcome - like in the bathroom & bedroom - not to mention better cooking skills; therefore, I sadly parted with my Sweetheart (Emilee's Mom) to be there for our daughter.

Meanwhile there are LOTS of things that need doing here in California in our own household, and I can handle those fine.

Our eternal THANKS to all who have helped, are helping, or will help our wonderful Emilee & her family!!!! Please remember that we pray not only for Emilee & her family, but we ALSO pray for YOU!

SMILE and come back often to Emilee's blog - and make an entry too, OK?

Love to all from Emilee's DAD (Glen)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your mother can be there with you at this time. She must be so helpful and comforting.