Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday October 3rd

Lots of activity today, as I "count down" the hours until I'm sick again. A neighbor took me shopping, and as we started driving, I decided to get my head shaved. It was buzzed on Saturday, but now those little pieces are falling out and getting itchy. They make my hat full of little hairs. Now that I'm bald, I haven't looked at myself in the mirror yet. I tell myself I am still adjusting. I had my wig with me, so after the shave, I just put my wig on and went shopping.

One reason for shopping was because I had to make an emergency pants trip for Nathan. Through the past few weeks, his waistline has been increasing, especially with having school lunch and eating candy all week. He now can't fit into any but a few of his pants, which is hard, since he needs to wear uniform pants to school. So, we stopped at Target for pants and then went to Costco for some groceries. It is nice to get a good deal on staples on Costco, but also be able to buy some convenience foods that my family can enjoy while I'm feeling sick at the end of this week.

David took the boys to the Rec. center tonight and they did weights and swimming. I hope they will be able to go more often and get in shape. I feel like I got a lot accomplished today, and I hope for the same tomorrow, with minimal down time.
Emilee

2 comments:

greg said...

Sorry about your hair, maybe try the VEET hair remover, it works real well when I was shaving my head, just put it on rather thick for a 5-10 minutes before you shower, seems to last longer than shaving, no cuts too. Love to all your family and hugs too, your second cousin Greg.

Chrissie said...

It was so great to spend time with you Tuesday. You looked absolutely beautiful. I mean that. I think the wig, the makeup, the clothes, and better yet, YOU looked wonderful. It was fun to go shopping with you again. Love you much, Chrissie