Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday November 17th

I am still feeling emotional and overwhelmed by my challenges right now. I pray that God will give me the strength to help me overcome my fears. David gave me a blessing of comfort last night. That helped me get to sleep. This morning, I still felt sad, almost depressed, and I kept crying on and off. I'm asking my Dr. to increase my anti-depressant dose slightly. I was also supposed to get my blood tested this morning, since I have been feeling extra tired. The Dr. said they faxed the order to the lab, but when I got there, the lab couldn't find it. That meant that I had to go home again, take a nap, and call the Dr. to try to arrange the order to be faxed a second time. Finally, I called the lab and they said I could come on down. Depending on the results of the tests, I might need a shot to boost my red or blood cells and possibly even a transfusion.

Speaking of tests, I am scheduled for my CAT scan tomorrow morning. It will take a week to get the results, but I am still worried that the results will be bad, just like they have been with every other scan this past year. It is helpful to have my mom here for moral support and also so I can rest and sleep when the kids get home. We are applying for social security disability, which could help pay for someone to come in and help from 3-6 in the afternoon, at the time when my mom needs to go back to California.

I have plenty of reading material. Today, Jennie came and helped my mom to sort some of the books in my bedroom. I found all the pamphlets and fliers that the social worker gave for me to read last year, so I'm sure that will be beneficial to read again. Thank you for your nice comments and stories.
Emilee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there my lovely Emilee....
I'm so glad you have your mom to help you and to be with you. I know there is nowhere else she would rather be than taking care of her Princess. I know how nice it is to have your mom to have her there- I know it was so much easier- emotionally not just physically- when our moms are there.
My prayers are with you always- but especially during your cat scan. I know you are apprehensive~ I remember all to well. (I guess I should go in for a 6 month check up now eh??)
I love you more than you know and can't wait to read more from you. Give everyone at home my love and have your mom give you a hug and kiss from me.
I love you,
Julie Chesley

Carin Davis said...

our prayers are with you~

Jenn K said...

It was a hard day, wasn't it? But there was a sweet spirit in your home today. Thank you for letting me be a part of your Mondays. Just rest and find peace. Me and others will step in and help out now and always.

Sugarlene said...

Dear Emilee, Please know you are not only in my prayers but I know in the prayers of many...many others! I know that not a one of us knows what you are feeling....or going through! But the Savior. My continued prayers are with you and the sweet men in your life!

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dear Friends, the other day I encountered a tribute to women which I feel especially applies to the TWO most important women in my life, My Wife, BONNIE, and My Daughter, EMILEE.

I have inserted their names in this tribute. Perhaps you may agree with these observations.

BONNIE and EMILEE have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens,
But they hold happiness,
Love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy
And laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.

They don't take 'no' for an answer
When they believe there is a better solution.
They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel
And cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about
A birth or a wedding.

They are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss
Can heal a broken heart.

They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
To show how much they care about you.
They bring joy, hope and love.
They have compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
BONNIE and EMILEE have vital things to say and everything to give; however, if there is one tiny flaw in BONNIE and EMILEE, it is that they forget their worth.

Thanks everybody for helping me to remind them that us they mean heaven on earth.

I do LOVE them very much and I think you do too.

Always LOVE from Emilee’s Dad and Bonnie’s husband. ;-)

Glen and Bonnie said...

Just a bit of humor:

A blonde said, "I was worried that my Mechanic might try to rip me off.
I was relieved when he told me all I needed was turn signal fluid."

That Mechanic certainly knew the politically correct answer.

Keep SMILING ya'all!

Love from Emilee's DAD