Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday October 5th

I wanted to hold off a day and wait until the election results before writing my next entry. I just got up an hour ago and the children brought me the newspaper. I cried for several minutes when I saw the result. Then, I had an interesting thing happen. I started feeling hopeful and I got a warm feeling all over which comforted me and calmed me. I don't know if it means that Obama will somehow fail to take his oath in January due to his legal problems, or perhaps it means that Heavenly Father is in control and I shouldn't worry because this is all part of his plan. Regardless, I want you to know that I now am at peace with the results.

Also on the internet this morning, they were still counting the ballots for California's proposition 8, which would define marriage as only between a man and a woman. With 96% of the precincts reporting, the results were 52% yes and about 48% no. They are predicting that the proposition will pass, so when I get the final news, I hope I can also feel peaceful with that.

The past 2 days I have been working hard, in preparation for getting my treatment today and because I know that I will be sick for the next 2 weeks again. I have organized bills and sorted through papers and made sure the boys all have enough school clothes that fit them. I went shopping, once with my neighbor Jennifer and once with Chrissie. At Costco, I was able to buy some food that the kids can heat up for snacks or even for meals when I can't help them.

David's business has been going fairly well. He had a closing on Monday and expects two more within the week. We feel blessed that our needs will be met for November, so I don't worry so much about money as I used to. After Halloween, the boys are finally calming down and applying themselves at school. They have also helped with chores around the house and have been playing better with each other. It's amazing what the correct amount of sleep and healthy food will do for your children!!

After getting my head shaved (Thanks for the VEET tip, by the way, I may use it.), I have 2 scarves at home that I can use for head coverings. In addition, my friend Janet, a breast cancer survivor, brought me over two cute fuzzy hats and a turban. I especially like the hats and I'm wearing one today instead of my wig. The wig is fine for going out, but around the house I would rather use a hat. Today I know I'll be sitting there in the chemo chair for four hours, so I'm opting for the most comfy choice, the hat. Also I have a fall, which is a little bit of hair on an elastic band. I position the hair or the "bangs" on my forehead in front, under the hat, so they poke out and look like the hat is covering real hair. The fall is blonde, but it works fine for now until I get another one that is light brown, like my real hair is ....uh was.

One hour to go and it is quite snowy today in Utah. David is going to drive me to Salt Lake. I'm hoping the snow will stop and the sun will come out. That way the sun will melt the snow on the street and it is a lot safer to drive. The rest of you, drive safely as well!
Emilee

6 comments:

Jenn K said...

It's freezing up our way today. Winter came quick! I hope your treatment goes as well as it can and that yes on Prop 8 passes, too.

Len and Elaine said...

I was so happy David could take you to the doctor today -- it has been pretty snowy here, too! It will be great to be with you on Friday. Hint about wigs: my neighbor, Bernice, said that the Utah Valley Hospital had a wig room of beautiful donations for cancer patients (free of charge). She went there a year ago with her niece and were able to choose a few. I will check this out and ask if anyone else has heard of this type of donation at other hospitals in the SLC area?

Anonymous said...

Emilee, I'm just wondering if you are going to post which bank people can make donations to and in whose name. That would be nice to have that information on the sidebar of your blog!

Kathryn said...

I hope the treatment well and you are feeling good. Thinking of you today.

Anonymous said...

I know that you are starting treatment again. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that you will be as comfortable as possible in the days to come ...

Christine said...

Prop 8 passed! Hooray!

I retired my sign with gratitude but of course the other side has already started lawsuits and are demonstrating their displeasure in the streets.

I comforted with the fact that we did everything in our power to make it happen. In Riverside the split was about 64 percent for and 33 against prop 8. I like to think that we had something to do with that!

I hope you enjoy your weekend.