Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday November 10th

I've been feeling sicker today. As you can see from my Aunt Sally' comment, nadir is the low point for my blood cells, before they start building back up. I think it must be connected to how I feel, since I have been feeling a little worse each day since my treatment last Wednesday. Today, Brenton and Jonny both stayed home from school, with the same complaints as yesterday. They both had naps today and don't have a fever, so I think I'll send them back to school tomorrow. I let them watch some educational TV today, but now I'm having them sit down and do homework.

Jennie came over to help again today. I had to rest a lot, but she kept busy downstairs while I slept. For lunch, we went over to the Kneaders Bakery, which is just west of us on the Highland Highway. They are well known for desserts, so I just looked at the kinds they had. The line for the register was huge, more than 10 people in line. Those people were waiting to get lunch and sit at one of the tables. Jennie and I went around to the drive through and there wasn't a line at all! Lucky us! I had a delicious soup called artichoke portabella and it was served with a sourdough bread bowl. Jennie had the tomato bisque. I can tell I am going to have a new favorite lunch restaurant. The food was perfect for my stomach, because the soup was smooth and it made the bread soft and easy to chew. So, if you're passing by Kneaders, you know what to do! (Just kidding) I like pretty much any cream-based soup. I noticed from the menu that Kneaders also has smoothies, so I will have to try one of those sometime.

I am glad that my mother, Bonnie, is coming tomorrow to stay with us for a while. I'm sure everyone can identify with the need for your mother's care when you are sick. Husbands are great, but mothers seem to kow just what to do and they know what you need before you need it. For example, I always have a car here at home, but I am not supposed to drive in my condition. So, I just need someone to drive it for me. Three cheers for Bonnie, my new chauffer!
Love,
Emilee

4 comments:

Jenn K said...

Glad you were able to eat the soup. Hope you and the boys get feeling better and David and Nathan are spared the tummy bug. As usual I got the easy part of the laundry done but only half of the folding. The boys are such good sports to help with chores. Tell them Aunt Jennie says to keep up the good work and every day is a day closer to having their own kids to order around. :-)

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see you at church yesterday. You looked absolutely beautiful! I am glad you were able to stay for the whole block. Wow -what a trooper!

I am so happy that you have felt well enough to do some shopping and a few projects these past few days. I know how good it feels to get things done on the "to do" list.

How exciting that your mom will get to stay for a while. I know just what you mean about a mother's care. I'm sure she will take great care of you - you deserve it.

Well, I hope you have a good week. Hope your boys are on the mend, too.
Love,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

I was thinking about you today knowing that you are going through the after treatment impact of the chemo and I simply wanted to let you know that I am praying you will feel better. I am sure that in this roller coaster you are going through with how you feel it must be difficult to stay up and positive but your amazing attitude and strong spirit is a great example for all of us. Please know many love you and are amazed by your example. I am glad your mom will be with you for a few days to help you and your family.

With much love and thoughts for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Emilee, get some of those rub off tatoos for your sweet bald head. My grand daughter loved "decorating" my bald noggin. Being bald is a great lesson in humility, huh? "Woman, woman, vanity is thy name" is what I kept hearing in my head. Then, like the absence of my breast, I realized that I am far more than a missing boob and missing hair!

Hang in there kiddo--your mom is on her way.
Cousin Susan Dalberg