Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday November 7th

I went out shopping for an hour today, thanks to my neighbor who drove me. I had fun shopping, riding my cart around the grocery store, picking up sale items and markdowns and using my coupons. I'm afraid I probably bought more than I need, but perhaps it is because I have been cooped up so long and not able to shop for myself.

I need to watch how much I spend. David read my blog the other day and wanted me to correct the fact that besides the closing he had this week, the other 2 loans have since developed "issues" and it is doubtful that they will close. Of course he is always working on new ones, but many of the problems are out of his control, such as pricing from the lender, requirements from the underwriters, the appraisal amounts, loan limits, and other such things. So, David needs me to do less shopping, I'm sure, as we are still required to pay the oncologist our "maximum out of pocket" expense for the year, which is $3000. (It is the amount we have to pay ourselves before the insurance will then step in and pay the rest.) We have been making payments on it since April, just like last year, when we had the installments come out of our checking accounts. It is one thing to be sick, but another thing to worry how you will pay for the medical bills. I don't want to be a drain on my family, but on the other side, they would be paying a lot more for a nanny and someone to replace the duties that I am still able to perform in our family.

While out, we also stopped by the school to check on Nathan, as he was having a hard time with one of his assignments. I guess he refused to do it and started to cry, but he was better by the time I arrived. I remember Jonny had a similar problem 4 years ago when I was having radiation treatments. Did I tell you that I got a handicapped placard? Now I can hang it on the rear view mirror whenever someone drives me around. It is quite handy.

Elaine came today and helped with the boys in the afternoon, and David arrived to take Nathan fishing, just as planned. They didn't catch fish, but at least it was an outing for them. I was able to get a massage at the chiropractor and my visiting teacher drove me there. It is hard to enjoy many parts of life when you are sick, but I do enjoy the massage therapy that I get every week or so. The relief society sisters brought us a yummy dinner. Mindi called in advance to see what we would like and she took our "order" perfectly. We all loved the grilled chicken, potatoes and broccoli. Tonight, we have been watching the "Sound of Music." It is fun to see the beautiful mountains in Austria and the city of Salzburg, which we visited less than 2 years ago. The kids were interested in the first half of the movie and now that it is ending, they are all asleep!

I miss my parents. They have been gone over 2 weeks now and I hope they can come and help me sometime soon. If anything, it cheers me up to have them around, as they are so good to me and to my family. I'm putting up with my sores and stomach aches and trying to hang in there for my kids and my husband. Still, my liver is swollen and I have to adjust what clothes I wear so they will be loose in the front. Here's to better days ahead...
Emilee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad I was able to be your coupon girl today! You are the queen of good deals!
Christi

Anonymous said...

Emilee, I know that your suffering is immense, but it is amazing how you are able to get up and do things that I cannot do with my particular illnesses. I'm pretty much house-bound and so I can relate to your feelings of going a bit stir-crazy being stuck at home when you want to get out and do things. Good for you that you keep persevering despited your obstacles.