Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday November 13th

Today my symptoms were very much the same as yesterday. I am feeling sick, but the side effects are lessened by medication. It was fun to get out this morning and run errands. Mom drove me to the pharmacy, then we went down to the Provo clinic and picked out some new head coverings. One is a cute straw hat with flowers on it, and the others are soft head coverings. In fact, they had a lot of beanie knitted hats which must have been donated as a humanitarian project, since they looked like the kind you make on a circular loom.

I had to go back to the optometrist today, since I was still having problems reading small print. I think the contacts he gave me should help, but I picked up a pair of $3 reading glasses which seemed to help me read better, even with my contacts on.

This afternoon, I was able to take a nap. It is blissful to know that I can sleep when I need to and my mom is caring for the boys. Mom's help is also a wonderful way for David to get more work done, since she can help in the mornings, as well asrun effrands and things. I just let her drive our Sequoia, since I can't drive right now, but I do have the handicapped placard, so we can park up close.

I'm glad to feel cheered, instead of sad. I am grateful for too many things to count.
Emilee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EMilee- Greg here. To read a large print on your PC, which is easy on the eys- do the following:

Press the SHIFT, left ALT, and PRINT SCREEN button.

This will turn on the high contrast mode in windows, and makes all the print big, and easy to read.

To reverse it, just hit those three keys at the same time again.

-Greg

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,
Although I miss your Mother lots, I still am glad that she is there in Utah to help you and your family. I'm OK by myself and I'm using the quietude here at our home to digitize a lot of the old tape recordings of our family over the years. Hopefully they will turn out well.

It is always a joy to me to learn that you are getting much needed rest. Also I'm glad that your Mother is taking good care of everything else in your household.
Please remember that we all LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you!
Always LOVE from DAD