Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday December 1st

Well, we're back from St. George and doing the regular routine again. The boys especially enjoyed biking and swimming each of the days on our trip, as the weather was perfect in the 60s. We also went to a movie, drove up to the airport on the bluff to see a view of the city, we drove past the temple where it was all lit up for Christmas, we had a special restaurant dinner and we went to see a neat display of real dinosaur tracks that had been discovered only 9 years ago by a farmer in St. George. David cooked the rest of our meals in the trailer and he and the boys took care of everything so I could just rest while they were out. I took part on the driving parts of the trip, but couldn't do the biking or swimming, so at least I had a book to read and a comfortable trailer to rest in.

We got home safely last night and the boys had a good day at school today. I can't believe that Brenton's choir concert is tomorrow night and Jonny's band concert is the day after. Since it is December already, I'll have to enlist some help in getting my holiday decorations up. I'm trying to think of positive things and not worry too much about being sick for the next 2 weeks. I am glad that my mom will be able to come again and take over the household, so I don't need to worry about watching over the kids and making meals, etc. Last time I tolerated the treatment fairly well, meaning I didn't need to get a blood transfusion or take antibiotics for an infection. The Dr. is upping the dosage of the oral pill, so I don't know how this will affect me, but I sure wish the medicine could make me better instead of just keeping my situation the same. I don't think I can go on like this indefinitely, meaning all of the ups and downs of treatment, etc.

Jennie came again today to help me. She always gets me lunch and leaves a dinner for family as well. Today it was lasagna and the children said it was the best lasagna they had ever eaten. Nathan said, "Now I know why Garfield likes to eat lasagna so much!" My children are big fans of Aunt Jennie and Uncle Ryan. Between the 2 of them they can come over and cook anything and fix up your house at the same time!

I know that Heavenly father wants me to learn to ask for and accept help from others. I hope I am learning that lesson well, because I'd like to be done with with this trial, if possible. Otherwise, I'll provide plenty of opportunities for people to serve our family and I know they will be blessed for their efforts as well.
Emilee

2 comments:

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,
We're looking forward to seeing you and the family in a few days. It's early Tuesday morning here, and even earlier this morning I had this thought:

I have not lost my temper, not snarked at anyone, not been grumpy, nasty, selfish, nor self-indulgent. I have not frowned at anyone nor made any requests, demands, or unkind remarks. And as I was thinking about those things, I realized that I had better get out of bed to start my day. Now, reality is starting to set in.

My prayer for you today will be...

May your troubles be less
Your blessings be more,
And nothing but happiness
Come through your door.

Always LOVE from DAD

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

I am so glad that you had such a special time with your family on your trip and that your parents are coming back to be with you and help you through the Holidays.

Just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your family as you go through your treatment and have to deal with the side effects of the medication.

At times when I feel discouraged and down, I remember of the story of Viktor Frankl who was put in a concentration camp by the Nazis and lost his entire family (they were killed) and everything he had. Yet somehow he was able to find meaning in his suffering and created a method (logotherapy) that helps to find meaning out of life most difficult situations. He wrote a book called "Man's search for meaning" in which he describes how his theories helped him survive the Holocaust experience and although I have not read it yet I want to do so (you may want to check it out too).

Somehow I know that God allows for the injustices and difficulties of life for a purpose and reason. The challenge is to find that meaning as we go through the pain and suffering that those experience bring. Somehow I also know that everything will be made right someday and that a just and loving God will provide for proper justice, rewards and compensation so that our pain and suffering will not be in vain.

May God's choicest blessings continue with you and your family.

Amedee