Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday December 21st

We're back! David and I spent 2 relaxing nights at a bed and breakfast. We were served breakfast in bed and had hot cocoa and herbal tea every evening. We had been to Haxton Manor in Salt Lake before, but there were a couple things that I didn't like much. This time, everything went perfectly and we were able to go out on Saturday and do some Christmas shopping. In the evening we attended a play called "It's a Wondrous Life" which was a parody of Its a wonderful life. It was amusing and had many plays on words and other jokes. I was really blessed that I felt well enough to go out with David and celebrate our anniversary, especially since I've been feeling sick today and barely made it to sacrament meeting. We got home in time for church and my mom reported that everything went fine while we were gone.

The kids have no school for 2 weeks. I think they'll enjoy sledding and playing with friends. Jonny has already built a snow fort in the back yard and he eventually wants to sleep there every night that I allow him. I'll feel safer if Sandi sleeps with him, as she can alert us to any problems. We don't have any big plans for Christmas day and David is taking a few days off work, so I guess we'll just enjoy being together as a family and making memories. I'd like to teach the older boys how to cook a few more dinner dishes, so they can cook when I'm not feeling well. I need the children to learn to take more responsibilities.
Good wishes to every one of my readers!
Emilee

2 comments:

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,

Thankfully our prayers on your behalf that you would have a happy anniversary, at least according to your latest posting, were answered in the affirmative.

The following little item has made its rounds vie e-mail, but it is still very true:

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, No.Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn’t granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.You must grow on your own,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.

God said, No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.

God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

Prayerfully I strive to love others as much as He loves us, although it is NOT very easy as almost everyone knows.

Nevertheless, please remember that your Dad will ALWAYS LOVE YOU!

SMILES from DAD

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee, Glad you had a happy anniversary and time spent with David. Your dad's comment reminded me of my favourite prayer by St Francis of Assissi which was turned into a hymn. "Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light, and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console. To be understood, as to understand; To be loved, as to love; For it is in giving that we receive-. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life." I find that very comforting. Have a Happy Christmas and a Good New Year. Take care. Love Ruth