Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday December 23rd

Yesterday was the boys' first vacation day from school. They spent it climbing around in the snow and the playing video games with their friends. Jennie came over in the morning and took Nathan and Jonny to look at a cat in Orem she's planning to buy after christmas. Then, once Nathan got home and packed his clothes, he went with Jennie up to stay with her for 2 nights.
Brenton and Jonny got invited to a friend's house in the evening, so they had a nice time there.

This morning I woke up with pink eye, of all things. I was able to use my prescription from last time I had that and it seems to be getting better. I'm glad the David's work is getting slower, since he was able to drive the boys over to Greg's to shovel snow this morning, as well as do some shopping. In the afternoon, David was gone, so the boys stayed home, but my friend Cindy and her husband drove me to a few places so I was able to pick up what I hope is the end to all of my Christmas shopping!

This past week I have had a problem with break through pain, meaning the amount of pain I feel even by taking my patch and pills. I was able to talk to Dr. Garner this morning and he reassured me that he wanted to help me and to give me a few suggestions to help me get my pain under control. This issue made me wonder if my body is just getting used to the patch and so it is not as effective over time, or if my pain from my illness is getting greater than the patch's ability to control it.

We've enjoyed the many carolers as well as those who have brought us sweet treats for the holidays. Thank you for these pleasures and treats and cards that make me smile and help me to remember to focus on Christmas and not on my illness.
Emilee
Emilee

6 comments:

LUV5KDZ said...

Merry Christmas Emilee! I hope you have happy caroling memories from your youth. My kids are all going out tonight. I finished up my shopping and wrapping today too. I learned several years ago how nice it is to be completely done before the 24th.

One thing I learned on pain meds, is that over time they are less effective because my pain tolerance goes down. Break through pain is the PITTS!

I know you guys have been inundated with piles of snow too- I hope you invite the carolers inside to sing! Nothing feels quite like music to the soul.

Jordan is learning carols on his trumpet :) I wonder if he will take it tonight.

Love and best wishes to you and all of your family.

Merry Christmas!

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,
Well, it's Christmas. To be sure it is ALWAYS more important to think about the REAL reason for the celebration, but somehow I think we should smile a bit too - just for the fun of it.

Because of the holiday traffic, I'm sure the police will be out in full force - at least I hope so.

Here are some actual quotes from police car recorders:

"No sir we don't have quotas anymore... we used to have quotas but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

"I'm glad to hear the Chief of Police is a good personal friend of yours... at least you know someone who can post your bail."

"You didn't think we gave pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't... sign here."

Hope those brought a smile to your beautiful face.

Keep SMILING! Life is wonderful in spite of all its challenges!

Always LOVE from DAD

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee! Merry Christmas! I hope you have a happy day. And keep warm! I've been talking with my sister and dad in Idaho and it sounds like you all have had quite a storm. When I first moved to California I hated that it didn't snow at Christmastime. I thought the Christmas lights just looked terrible without having the snow to reflect them. Now I've been here almost 25 years? I think they look great! And I don't miss driving on slick roads. But, a white Christmas is lovely, especially looking from the inside out. Lots of good wishes to you and your family - Kari Andal

Anonymous said...

Emilee- Thanks so much for havign Jonny and Brenton come over to shovel the snow. . . they did a GREAT job, and I am proud of how hard they work.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Love, Greg and Melissa

LUV5KDZ said...

Hey, Emilee...It's after bedtime on Christmas Eve. I hope you and David are giggling and having fun getting the last of things ready for the morning. I wish you a wonderful Christmas Morning.

Love,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Hello Emilee! I'm writing to wish You and Your Family a Nice Enjoyable Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!
Love, Brother Bill Black