Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday September 9th

Things are going smoothly here, as mom is keeping the household (and the kids) in good order. I feel blessed that my side effects from the chemo are mostly under contol. When I have fatigue, I can rest or take a nap. When my stomach hurts, I take my medications and sip on sprite. When my throat hurts, I can use my magic mouthwash. As long as I lie down and rest, I seem to feel pretty well. I have enjoyed reading and watching some recorded holiday shows on TV. With the dvr feature on cable, I can look at the TV menu for the whole day and press record for any show, then the next day I can watch the show and fast forward the commercials. I can also record movies that are edited for television, so I don't even need to rent or buy dvds.

So far this week, I've only gone out once, to the chiropractor. Tonight our ward is having a catered dinner for adults, so I might go for a little while. I have been feeling more positive lately, as my illness has not been getting worse. Also, my pain is under control and I am more comfortable. It is my goal to start feeling better enough to do some scrapbooking again. That always makes me feel good, to look at photos and remember fun times our family has had together.

Thanks for your prayers. I think they seem to be working!
Emilee

6 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

Oh, I love Sprite for that same reason! I hope you reach your scrapbook goal very soon. Matthew and I are rooting for you!

Kathryn said...

glad you are feeling well and have your parents there with you! Enjoy all the Christmas shows! I love the DVR for that reason! miss you. Kath

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee (and family),

Although I sadly just delivered your Mother there to Utah and returned home to California, I'm glad she's there to help so you can stay more of the time in a reclining position to feel BETTER!

Please keep doing all that it takes to make you better!!!

Now for a little story:

The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. An intellectually challenged probation officer from Wichita , KS asked what the buzzer was for. When it was explained that the buzzer signals to blind people when the light is red, appalled, she responded, "Why on earth are blind people out driving?!"

Have a happy day!

Always LOVE from DAD

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee, Glad this round of treatment things seem to be easier for you. We have a dvr and like you record shows to watch later. We record the daytime shows as they are more pleasant to watch than a lot of the evening programmes. At Christmas there is going to be 4 Shakespeare plays starring Sir Ian McKellan and also the opera Hansel and Gretel. Great viewing. Rob and I are thinking of you. Love Ruth

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

I just wanted to say a little hello and to take this opportunity to express my continuing love and prayers for you and your family.

I have learned in my life that Angels do not live in Heaven but here on our good old Earth. It's always amazed me to see how God sends special Angels our way in the form of special people that come into our lives to serve us in special and unique ways in times of needs (sometimes from among the acquaintances we already have and sometimes from new acquaintances we make). I am sure that you have experienced that and I know that your mom and dad are some of those special angels in your life right now. To me it's also another confirmation that even though we have to go through tremendous trials at times, our loving God does care about us and watches over us.

I will be gone for the Holidays for a couple of weeks (from the 17th on) so I may not be able to be in touch with you during that time and I wanted to wish you and your family the best of this Holiday Season and a wonderful and joyous Christmas.

Sincerely,

Amedee

Anonymous said...

hi mom