Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday December 28th

Relief, at last! I have felt marginally well this week, enough to go out on some errands and enjoy Christmas eve at David's parents. I felt ok on Christmas and was grateful. When I felt sick on Friday I was afraid I would always be dealing with nausea and never get a break. Well, some of your prayers must have worked because I was better on Saturday and up to some shopping and going out to lunch with my mom. Today was great as well, since I attended tithing settlement, all 3 hours of church, and also attended an eagle scout court of honor for Sam and Julie's son Adam in the evening. I am always thrilled when I can get up and do things and when I feel well enough to eat things, since I often don't have much of an appetite. Alas, my time is short before I have to start my next 3 week cycle of chemo on Wednesday.

After the next 3 weeks, I'll have a PET scan and the oncologist can determine whether to continue or change my treatment regimen. I get worn out after all of the ups and downs of my medication cycle. I'm hoping to borrow or buy a special lamp (like from Apollo light systems) which simulates the sun and helps people in northern climates with SAD or seasonal affective disorder. I always feel more depressed in January and February, mostly because of the dreary weather and the long long winter. I'm hoping to keep my spirits up if I am going to have the energy to fight my illness as long as I can. I think that God is sending some angels on earth to care for me and answer my prayers. Thanks for all of your cheery comments, too.
Emilee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G'morning beautiful daughter,

(I mistakenly put this on last week's blog, so I'll put it again here now - correctly!)

After a very long 15-hour drive yesterday through southern Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and up through the California valley we are home safe and sound. Although it was long, we had son Peter with us to entertain us, the weather was beautiful and clear, the scenery lovely, and NO SNOW OR ICE!!

We enjoyed every minute we got to spend with you and with the rest of the family over the past week (weeks for me,) but it is nice to be at HOME.

I am so grateful to the many super friends and family members who are there to help you when we are not there. May the Lord bless ALL of you wonderful people for your service and your love. For as the Lord said, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren (or sister!), ye have done it unto me."

I miss you already! (I'm doing the same thing you always do when you write on your blog!)

Eternal Love,

Mom