Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday January 27th

I've been feeling a little better each day, and I have been taking enzymes and supplements to help my digestion. I will have another chemo appointment next week, so I am enjoying a break right now. I have a feeling my oncologist will want to either up my dosage of the current meds or try another chemo drug. I've invited my parents to come out for a week while I'm sick, so at least the kids and household will be cared for.

I invited some of the ward ladies over for lunch today. They did most of the work. I only had to heat up a casserole and clean up a bit. I also sorted through many of our books and magazines and offered them to the ladies as a swap. A few others brought some books to share, so I got a couple of new ones. Not as many took home my books, so I am still left with a box of them. I'll either have to offer them to more people or donate them to DI or somewhere. So, if you live nearby and would like some free books and magazines, just drop by and check out my box!

Tonight the kids are all busy with homework and scouts. I like to see the kids involved in things and they get to play the Wii as a reward. Even David is using the Wii Fit to improve his fitness. I am glad we are getting good use from it.

Today was cold and clear, after a couple of snow storms came through. The mountains look like they are painted white and the sun shone all day on the new snow. Goodbye for now from Utah!
Emilee

6 comments:

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,

So glad so many folks stop to say "HI" to you - either in person or here on your blog! Keith Arthur stopped me outside today to say that he tried to make an entry on your blog but was unsure that he succeeded. He said to let you know that he tried even if it didn't work. Lots of people often ask about you. Many are not very computerate, so they aren't always able to make blog comments.

We are especially glad that you are enjoying some feel-better times. We are looking forward to coming your way soon. Today Rudy Elias helped me all day long to fix little things and to keep our car travel worthy, so that we can make the drives to & from Utah without any troubles. We were sure glad to get his help. He is truly the BEST!

Please hug all your guys for us and tell them to give lots of hugs and KISSES to my beautiful daughter!

Always LOVE from DAD

Anonymous said...

Emilee-

Hello from Tokyo! I am here for a few days, and there is no snow, but it is sunny and getting warmer.

I like to read your blog, especially when I travel- makes me feel closer to home.

Love- Greg

PS- Steve Rudolf- if you are reading this, I'd love to get back in touch with you.

Unknown said...

Hey, maybe there's a book or two that I can read while I'm there. AND maybe I can use the Wii to help keep up MY fitness. If I'm good can I have a turn on it?

All the ladies at my scripture class send their best as well. They ALWAYS ask about you.

See you soon. Have fun!

LOVE, Mom

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

Happy to hear that you have been feeling better lately.

I will pray for you as you go through another round of medication and hope all will be well. I am entering crazy tax season and going to court tomorrow for a motion for my divorce so stress is high for me. Know that in spite of that you are always in my thoughts and prayers and that I feel grateful for all that I have and for all the blessings the Lord has given me.

Keep fighting, keep praying, keep loving, and know that all will be well in God's hands and time.

Love,

Amedee

greg said...

Go here
http://www.allright.com/Poems/TOLRailway/TOL.htm

Kathryn said...

Thinking of you today. Lots of hugs from New York. Kath