Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday January 22nd

It doesn't seem like anything interesting is happening this week, so I don't have a lot to tell about. Generally I am building back a little strength and I don't have a lot of pain or nausea, but I feel like my stomach is bloated and I have indigestion. Some of my medications help a little with that, along with good old Tums.

Today I went out to the chiropractor and to WalMart. I had to buy new pantyhose at WalMart and they didn't seem to have any in the A size, at least not in the color I wanted. I spent 10 minutes staring at all those little packages of nylons until I finally picked 2 that I think will work. I'm going to start driving again, mostly short trips, as long as I'm not sleepy or sick. I've been using the pain patches long enough, that I still feel fairly normal, not impaired. If I have to take extra pain medicine, then I probably won't want to drive anyway.

Tomorrow I actually get to go visiting teaching for the first time in a few months. I've also been able to rest before the kids get home, so I can supervise them in their chores and homework. At least it is nice to get in a routine again and David hardly ever has night appointments like he did tonight, so we can usually eat together as a family. I feel so blessed to have David and the boys and to be able to hug them every day and be with them.
Emilee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you ARE grateful for your wonderful husband and darling boys, just as we are grateful for our beautiful daughter (and sons too, of course.) And, in turn, I know that they are grateful that you are around to hug too! Please continue to take care of yourself so that you can continue those hugs - both ways!

We love you all!

Mom

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,

The following is one of those cute things that people forward. I think you can relate to it:

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

"Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

"H-M-M, " she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude ALWAYS makes the difference.

Here is another forwarded item which really inspired me!

http://www.guzer.com/videos/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.php

KEEP SMILING and hug ALL your boys for us! We love'em too.

Always LOVE from DAD

Benjamin said...

Emilee
I just wanted to make shore we are on for this Sat at 2. Really looking forward to it. If you would give me a call 4270210. thanks
Benjamin