Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday January 10th

I've been sick most of the week, but I hope next week will be better. I haven't been out of the house since Thursday afternoon when Elaine took me to the Dr. and shopping. She brought us dinner that night. On Friday after school, Brenton spent some time at his friend Skyler's house, where his mother taught Brenton how to make homemade chicken and noodle soup. In fact, Brenton got to help Sister Pierce as she mixed and rolled out the thin dough which they cut in strips to boil in the soup. They also baked us a cake for dessert and Brenton helped them deliver everything in time for dinner.

The kids are doing well. David took them to rec center today, after going to Wal Mart to get some racquetballs. They were also able to do some swimming. I just stayed home and ate leftover chicken soup. With the homemade noodles it was quite filling just to eat a small bowl. Another ward member brought us over some ice cream after the pack meeting on Thursday, so our freezer is full of meals and desserts.

After dinner, we played a family game, Jr. Scattergories. It was just a bit too hard for Nathan, so I let him tell me some of his answers and I wrote them down, and I filled in any blanks for him. Instead of timing the round, we just waited until most of us were done writing, then we went around and read our answers. I'm really looking forward to finding more games that Nathan can play with us so he doesn't feel left out.
I'll try to go to bed earlier tonight so I will be able to go to church. We'll see how i do,
Emilee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you make it OK to your early church. Ours is now at 11, so we have time to get ready leisurely. We even plan on WALKING today. Won't I look cute with skirt and athletic shoes? (I'll change at church, of course!)

Everyone asks how you're doing, and I encourage them to read (and comment on)your blog! Thanks for updating it regularly so we all know how you're doing.

Hang in there!! The WORST of this cycle is supposed to be over, right? You should be feeling better soon. Count the days. Count your blessings!

LOVE YOU DEARLY,

Mom

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,

Here I thought I'd finally get a chance to be the FIRST to comment on your blog, and what do I find? Hey, it's your Mother who beat me to it! Well, I guess she had the most intimate relationship with you for those first nine months, so it only stands to reason that she be the first again.

Initially I was all excited not only to have our first child but also maybe even to get a tax deduction for 1971 if the baby came early enough! By January 11th I was almost ready to give up that we'd ever see that little one - after all, we were already 11 days into the new year and no signs of a birth. I'll never forget the night before you arrived that we'd just gotten very comfortable on the sofa watching a TV movie, and your Mother announced that she suddenly was no longer so comfortable. I just passed it off as another one of those false labor scares which we'd seen too many times already. But low and behold, things started to escalate and we found ourselves abandoning the movie and going to the hospital. Although it was long, the outcome was certainly delightful - YOU!

These next quotes also remind me of YOU - especially because they are your way of doing things:

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Mark Twain


"One of the secrets of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks." Jack Penn


"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(1749 - 1832)
German poet and dramatist

Always LOVE from DAD

greg said...

I sent you some pictures of your dad and myself, along with some of your grandparents and great grandmother Nina, she was the only grandba Dolberg I knew, sure could bake bread, I loved going there for Sunday dinner and getting to go out and got wood for the cook stove, because as soon as it was hot, in went the bread, and then the fried chicken would start cooking. Love to all of you and yours from us, Greg and Pat. Ps sent em to your dad as well, hope he knows who some of them are... Live lesson, always write the names and dates and where on the pictures so the next generation will know those things.

Matt and Maggie said...

Noodles from scratch? Too much effort! I remember being excited about a soup I made when Matt and I were engaged, and these ladies almost laughed me to scorn when they learned I'd used a canned broth. Awe well.
I got a board game for my sister and her family called "Pictureka". I think the kids really love it.
Hope you made it to church today. We have no excuses because our ward starts at 1:30. Wow, right?
Hope this note finds you well,
Maggie