Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday January 20th

I am glad to finally be feeling better for my week off. We took a family outing to Salt Lake yesterday, pretty much the farthest I've been out of our house since I got my treatment on Dec. 31st. First, we stopped at the nearby smoothie shop where I got some gift certificates for my birthday. We were quite surprised to find frozen yogurt shakes on the menu in addition to the usual juice flavors. Each shake comes with a "boost" such as calcium, protein, entergy, etc. I had them add calcium to the kids' and protein to mine. The man was even nice enough to split the boys' drink into three portions. They serve rolls with honey butter there as well, so we got one with our drink. The rolls weren't really anything special, but they will heat them up for you in the microwave to melt your butter!

We then went up to Salt Lake to the planetarium to see a star show and David and the boys pushed me in the wheelchair around the outdoor mall, the Gateway. We had a fast food lunch and a shopping trip to Costco and that about wore me out for the day!

Today has been relaxing, at least since I got back from my PET scan. The test went smoothly but the process takes a long time, so I was there for about 2 hours. Since I had to fast, I was quite hungry when I got home, which is unusual to me, since I don't seem to have a big appetite because of frequent nausea. The big boys both helped with dinner and now they are at youth night and David is playing the Wii with Nathan. That Wii is becoming a great hit at our house and it is a great motivator for the kids to get their work done.

I'm looking forward to feeling better this week.
Emilee

3 comments:

greg said...

Happy Great Day! Hows that for your first post of the day? Give everyone hugs from your cousin Greg, even if they do not know me.

Unknown said...

I LOVE hearing about good days! I'm hoping to hear about another couple of weeks of them!!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilee,

I just wanted to check in and say hello. It sounded like the smoothie place was really good... and butter always makes ANYTHING and EVERYTHING better =). I think that's awesome that yall got a Wii! I love that thing! The best is the baseball game and feeling like you hit an actual home run! lol. Well the weather in San Diego has been unbelievable! I went to the beach on Monday and played Frisbee and got sun! I got a tan in January! It was crazy. Now it's just rainy and dreary outside again. But it's all good because it's nice to have seasons... well what we think are seasons =). My mom's coming into town tomorrow. I'm excited to see her. She's coming for business and then will be leaving on Saturday. We are going to go to the SD Temple on Saturday morning ;). And i'm very excited. Ok. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Have a great day! I hope you get a lot of smiles today... one piece of advice that i can give is to watch the faces of your kids as they play the Wii!! It is hilarious how people concentrate SO HARD and then watch their expression when they do good! LOL. try it.. it'll make you laugh! Love you!

Sandy Black