Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 14th

My blood counts are fine. according to the doctor's office. I will just blame my fatigue on the chemotherapy and indeed I have been feeling a little bit better each day. Yesterday I received some birthday presents! My kids were thrilled to open the Wii Sports from a family member. Then I used my birthday money to purchase the Wii Fit program. So far, it has been a great motivator for the kids to do their chores and homework. I have only let them use the Fit program so far, as I want them to get used to it and keep working on it regularly. It has some programs with exercises, but mostly the kids like the balance games, like skiing or soccer, where they play by shifting their balance on the board (a white platform that interacts with the tv and senses your weight and balance.)

I'm looking forward to taking my last Xeloda pill tomorrow and I'll be going out to lunch for my birthday. I don't think I'll have any other celebration that evening, but maybe David and I can go out this weekend. Some friends in the ward are taking me out to lunch on Friday. I'm thinking of going to China Isle to get my favorite mango chicken. I'll be 37 tomorrow. When I turned 35, David had a big surprise party for me, which was dinner and a private concert by pianist Jon Schmidt, my favorite composer ( I have all his piano books and like to play them myself.) Those are fun memories.

Today my jaw is hurting, which means my TMJ is acting up. I'll be going to the chiropractor in the morning. Otherwise, my pain is pretty much under control. A lady in our ward called today to see if she can do our laundry, so she is coming to pick it up tomorrow. What a nice service!

Brenton had his first guitar class yesterday. He is really excited to learn how to play the guitar that David has had for about 8 years. Brenton has also started staying after school for play practice, as he is going to be in the Wizard of Oz. Today, I told him his chore was to make dinner, so hopefully he is starting that about now. I can hear someone in the kitchen, at least.

I am still very grateful that I haven't been terribly sick during my treatments. I can't really accomplish much when I feel sick, but on my weeks off I can go out and enjoy more things.
Bye for now,
Emilee

P.S. Jonny's big snow cave collapsed. I think he tried to make it too big. We haven't had too many huge storms, so much of the snow outside is crusty. I'm sure he'll get another chance to sleep in a snow cave this winter.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry we won't be there for your birthday tomorrow. However, I was there on that FIRST ONE (as well as several subsequent ones!!) I'm so grateful for wonderful people who are there to help you to enjoy the day and to help with various chores. You are SO BLESSED!! Glad the birthday money is being used in a good way for all of you!

Thanks for being one of my choicest blessings, beginning on that day 37 years ago!

LOVE forever!

Mom

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,

Sorry we won't be there for your birthday tomorrow, but I was there on that FIRST ONE - and I was there for many others.

Hmmm. It seems that someone else just said something very much like that!

Well, it also makes me (Frank, the B.) happy that your birthday money is being put to good use. I recall that it always made my birthdays happier when I took everyone in the family out to dinner to celebrate. Somehow giving can be more blessed than receiving.

Keep up the positive progress and keep SMILING!

Always LOVE from DAD

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Emilee!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emilee! I'm so happy it falls at the end of your chemo round so you can feel a bit better. I hope you have a great day! All the best - Kari Andal

Anonymous said...

Emilee,
You don't know who I am, but David does. We lived in his ward for two years, we went to seminary together, and school and of course church. Ask him if he remembers Michelle Rudolph ( now Fauver).
He was a good friend, and I remember when he got his Eagle. I have recently found his brother and sister on Facebook, and Jenny told me about your blog. It has been a rough week in our home, but reading your blog really put our problems into perspective- doesn't make them any easier to bear, but does make me realize that there are others, and many others out there with problems and challenges that make their lives harder too. You seem like an incredible lady, and I wish I could meet you and get to know you. I wish there was something I could do to make your life easier, to serve your family in some way- but distance prevents that. I will be sending you a package today, so when you get some games, they are from me. I hope your family enjoys them, and if nothing else, helps you to laugh a little now and then. We love to play games in our family and it is all I can think of that I can do.
My husband Bill and I have 6 kids, two girls and 4 boys. They are a huge blessing and our greatest legacy. The oldest is Mae at 18, Mari is almost 17, Grant is 14, Liam is 10, Weston is 8 almost 9, and Michael is 4. Just so you know a bit about me- I am sure it is a bit wierd to get an email from a stranger. I have wonderful memories of the Ellis family- nights spent at their home watching movies- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers- in their rec room pit. Elaine was my seminary teacher- she is awesome! My parents threw my suprise 16th birthday party at their house. Listening to Def Leppard in Bro Ellis' car. Just a multitude of memories. They are a great family.
I wish you a very happy birthday!!
Michelle (Rudolph) Fauver

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!
Sure love you!!
Laura Taylor

Anonymous said...

Emilee-

Happy Birthday! Melissa and I just wanted to wish you a great day. . .

Love Greg and Melissa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, have a great day with plenty of fun.
Love Ruth (UK)