Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday January 18th

I have had a really wonderful week, even though at times I felt sick or tired. I was able to visit with and go out with friends and spend lots of time with David and the children both Friday night and last night. David and I didn't go out to dinner on Friday because I brought home at take out order of the Chinese food I had with my friends at lunch. Then, since I bought 2 more Wii controllers, David, Brenton, Nathan and I had a four way game of bowling. Jonny went overnight camping with his deacons group.

We have really been watching the Little House on the Prairie series that our friends lent us. I realize that every episode teaches you a lesson, even if it is just to try to be kind to those who are mean to us.

Every once in a while I will sneak one of my See's candies that were my birthday present. I take bites of the molasses chips and suck the chocolate off and then crunch the rest. I've also been enjoying the other presents as well.

I want to thank Amadee, my sister-in-law's father, for his beautiful words and insights and comments. My illness is close to his heart, as he lost his first wife to breast cancer. He has had so many challenges and changes to his family, but still he finds time to read my blog and share my pain and share his inspiration. I know the Lord will give you strength to carry your burdens and to bless you, dear friend.

I was able to go to sacrament meeting this morning. I tried on two skirts and they just about fell down to my kness because they were too big! I'm not used to having this problem! For the skirt I chose, the brown embroidered one, I only had to use one safety pin to keep it up and I was able to wear my brown blazer and brown boots along with it. It is one of my favorite outfits, as I saw it last Christmas and waited until March for it to go on sale so I could afford it. I do have several more skirts in my closet that will fit me just fine, as I'm not that skinny yet. It is nice to know that I can go into the closet and everything will fit me.

Jonny returned safely from his overnight, announcing that they had not built snow caves nor gone fishing as planned. He was a little disappointed, but said that he was plenty warm at night, whereas some other boys were cold. Jonny is so motivated that he did Wii fit for an hour yesterday, including running 3 miles in 20 minutes. I couldn't believe it -- it looked like he was going to wear a hole in the carpet! He likes the incentive system on the Wii Fit and is always trying to get more points so he can unlock more games and activities.

Nathan was gone all afternoon at a birthday party which featured Kangaroo Zoo, the kids blow up slide and jumping place. Brenton went to a stake dance around 8:45 and I fell asleep before he got home. I had a nap yesterday and I went to bed on time so I wouldn't be too tired to attend church. Both Brenton and Jonny got to pass the sacrament today. David drove me home during Sunday School, as my stomach was hurting. I need to eat small snacks more often to keep my stomach calm. While home, I put some salmon and rice in the oven to cook (salmon my mom bought when she was here) and so when the kids got home, the dinner was almost ready.

After dinner, David went to one of his home teaching families where the 8 year old Joseph had injured his eye yesterday while fooling around after his gymnastics class. I guess Joseph and some other kids where bouncing and throwing pieces of carpet around and one of them hit Joseph in the eye and cut it and the eye was bleeding. According to the Dr. he may heal just fine, but there is also the possibility of losing his eyesight in that eye. Right now he has a plastic bubble over the eye to protect it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just LOVE hearing on your blog that you have had GOOD times! It brightens my day too! THANK YOU again to all who have helped to brighten your life.

May this coming week be even better, as you get further away from your past treatments.

LOVE YOU,

Mom

Glen and Bonnie said...

Dearest Emilee,

I join your Mother in rejoicing over your recent bright times. My prayers always are that you will not only have a richer but a brighter and fuller life - and it seems that Heavenly Father is allowing my prayers to be answered in that direction.

Also I am very grateful to ALL who contribute so much toward making my prayers for you and your family come true.

Please continue with your part in helping my prayers come to complete fruition.

Always LOVE from DAD

Anonymous said...

I am wishing you a very belated happy birthday, but as you've been celebrating for almost an entire week, hopefully my good wishes will still be welcome! It did my heart good to read of all of the good times you've been having recently and of all the great things people are doing for you (you deserve it!) Just wanted to drop in and send my love your way.

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

Thank you so much for your kind words they brought tears to my eyes and made me feel loved. It was so nice to hear you had a good week and I pray that this will continue for you.

I am sure that now that your mom is gone things must be more challenging and I hope "angels" will show up from everywhere to help you with your tasks and your family duties. I have come to realize that sometimes the Lord expects us to do everything we can first before He actually provides help and closes the gap that we need for things to work-out for our best. It's sort of "tough love" (kind of like we do sometimes have to do with our kids so they can learn their lessons). The key is that He does provide when we cannot and that He cares and is aware of us just as your wonderful parents are so much aware of you and care so much for you.

It reminds me of Joseph Smith who suffered so much but was told that all was temporary and would be for his good and learning.

Keep fighting and know I love you.

Amedee