Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8th

I'm feeling sick today. I guess the chemo on Wednesday finally did me in. I have muscle aches and a sore mouth and I am nauseated and tired. I'm looking forward to my parents arriving tomorrow to help run our household and give me a little TLC.

Last week, I received the first medical bill for 2009. I first have to meet a deductible for the health insurance company, then they cover 80% of my bills until I reach my out of pocket maximum for the year. It's that 20% that I always have to worry about! I edited the side bars on my blog to make it easier for you to look up my donation account. Anything you can send will help cheer me up.

My liver has been really swollen due to the tumors lately and I have pink eye as well. Since my oncologist didn't offer me any medicine except chemotherapy, I am hoping the naturopathic doctor might have a remedy or two that I could try to help my liver. It scares me to look like I'm pregnant because of my bulging stomach. It also means I can only wear the loose tops in my wardrobe. I stayed home from church today because my eye was red and almost swollen shut.

Well, thanks for listening to all of my complaints. I guess it helps to talk about them. I hope I will be feeling a little better soon.
Emilee

6 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

On top of everything you have to deal with pink eye! Ugh! Emilee, our thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Emilee, I am so glad your vacation was relaxing and wonderful! We missed you at church and at the court last night. Johnny looked very handsome receiving his Life scout award. Mike Brady said Brenton this puts you on notice...6 months.(to get his Eagle first)I will talk to you soon...I hope you have a good day...If the boys need help with math...send them over. Our prayers are with you.
Love, Debbie

Christine said...

Hey Emilee,

It was sure good to see you and your family when you were down. I'm glad you got to enjoy some time with your family before more treatments. Sorry about the pink eye on top of everything else! I'm glad you have good neighbors, church members and family to help you!

Chrissie said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I'm so glad your parents are able to come out and be with you. We would love to have Nathan over sometime this week. Thomas would love it. I'll call you soon. Love you!

Jenn K said...

I was so bummed I couldn't make it down today. I got stuck 3 times and a kind stranger towed me twice. I'll stay in touch with you this week. Sweet dreams while you nap and enjoy the peace your parents bring.

Unknown said...

Dear Emilee:

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and that I will be with you in spirit and prayer as you go through this round of pain that the treatment has given you.

I am so glad you were able to get away from everything and enjoy some time with your family in San Diego and hope you will be able to have more of those times with your husband and children.

Hang in there and keep fighting. God loves you and is watching over you and your family and even though it's so unfair that you are having to go through this terrible ordeal in God's plans everything has a purpose and the pain and suffering we go through will not be in vain.

With much love,

Amedee