Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday, Sept. 25
I had a long day of chemo yesterday. After meeting with the Dr., it took an hour for the nurse just to set up my medications. I had to have an anti-histamine and some anti-nausea drugs drip for an hour before they started the Ixmpra, which took 3 full hours. It was the first time the substitute nurse had ever administered Ixempra, as it is a very new drug. David picked me up at 5 PM, just as everyone else in the clinic was ready to go home as well. The second drug, Xeloda, I have to take in the form of a pill, twice a day.
My stomach is queasy, but I don't feel like throwing up. I'm trying to keep some food in it so I don't get as much nausea. This afternoon, I am going to meet with the pain management Dr. again. So far, the changes he made have helped me a lot with pain control. I have a week to wait and then I'll go back to the clinic next Friday to make sure my blood counts are up. Chemo can kill many of the good blood cells, so I am glad the Dr. is monitoring those.
Bye for now,
Emilee

6 comments:

Travel Friend said...

We are travel friends of your parents. We are inspired by your courage and faith. We are praying for you and your family. Sylvia and Paul

Cindy said...

Emilee,
You are amazing! I am continually in awe by your example of faith, courage and hope. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily. We love you!
Cindy

Kathryn said...

Thanks for sharing what's going on with you and your treatments. I am glad you are sharing via blog. I love being able to check in with you. Much love Kath

Unknown said...

Emilee, you are a true hero. You've been a great inspiration to a lot of people -- you probably don't realize how many lives you've touched with your courage and faith.

You're in our prayers always.

LUV5KDZ said...

Emilee, I came across this print and poem by Greg Olsen last summer and thought of you and your walk with Christ as you have lived with cancer. I thought I would share it with you here. (((hugs)))

WALK WITH ME

“Walk with me,” I heard him say,
“Walk with me awhile today. ”

“Talk with me,” I heard him speak,
“Talk with me of the things you think.”

Share with me the things you feel,
Share with me so you can heal.

Cry with me through your heartbreaks,
Cry with me when your soul aches.

Look with me, a new sunrise!
Look with me through opened eyes.

See with me the world anew,
See with me my point of view.

Laugh with me in pure delight,
Laugh with me it’s all alright!

Sing with me as we stroll along,
Sing with me I love your song.

Learn with me your wondrous story,
Learn with me your prior glory.

Know with me just who you are,
Know with me we’ve traveled far.

Create with me and dreams come true,
Create with me I create through you!

Walk with me on Heaven’s shore,
Walk with me forever more!
Greg Olsen - 2007

Christine said...

Hey Emilee,

I'm glad you set this blog up to keep us all posted. It sounds like this new doctor is a little more aggressive and is trying to look for more solutions. We'll be praying for you and your family.