Sunday, September 28, 2008

Later on Sunday

My fever peaked at 101.1 degrees and has been going down since then. The fever was getting worse as my pain increased, so I am still working at better pain control. I have been thinking about my wish list this week. I would love to borrow some dvds or new release videos that you might have to keep me entertained while the kids are at school. I haven't been out to Blockbuster or the library recently and I miss my LDS fiction novels. I'm a quick reader, so it is not worth it for me to buy myself books, but I do like to borrow them. I guess you can tell I am getting tired of watching cable TV. Every day I hope I will feel well enough to start some of my scrapbooking again.

I also wish I was able to work and contribute toward the financial support of my family. Back in June, I took the Utah Mortgage License exam and signed up as a loan officer with Envision Lending Group. I was hoping to assist David in the business. The financial industry has been going up and down, but I don't know if our family finances are going to survive the waves. I am also interested in being a proof reader or editor, mostly for books. I have a Master's degree in Literature and I have always loved to read, so maybe I can find a free lance job to do in my "spare" time.

The last part of my wish list has to do with food. Since I haven't been doing all the shopping and my stomach has been hurting, I am craving some premium ice cream and European chocolate. Favorite flavors are hazelnut, cheesecake, mint, peanut butter and caramel. My favorite Chinese food is from China Isle, on 500 East, AF. They have the best mango chicken. My most recent favorite salad is shrimp and avocado from Applebee's. I especially love Cafe Rio vegetarian salad, when I am craving something Mexican. Recently I tried out the sushi at Yapona's by Costco. It was great! I'll take any of those, anytime. On Saturday night, David and I tried out the terriyaki at Rumbi Istland Grill. Even my kids like the rice and veggies there. The best thing about that place is that the leftovers taste even better the next day. Wow!

I'm praying for a better week than last.
Emilee

5 comments:

LUV5KDZ said...

You make me laugh :) Thank you for posting your wishlist! I hope you are overwhelmed with great things to keep your spirits up. The best thing will be sharing your favorite things with the kids.

Thanks for the great list of wonderful things to eat next time I am in town! Today we are fasting so I made a really good Sunday dinner, but it was more important to focus on the things in my heart.

I'll see what I can do about your wishlist! Be sure and keep us all up to date on what things might make your days a little brighter - I am sure it will help some with your pain control too to have something else to focus on.

I hope you get the rest you need to have another good day tomorrow.

Did you get to watch the Women's Broadcast for conference yesterday? It was wonderful!

LUV5KDZ said...

Are you up to technical reading? I know you are looking for a happy distraction, but I don't know if you are up for anything that requires anything more from you...

Check your regular mail, and get back to me.

(((hugs and happy wishes)))

Anonymous said...

Emilee,
I love your wishlist too. You are a woman after my own heart!
I know I am not the best scrapbooker in the world, but I would be happy to take some family pictures of you guys FOR you to scapbook!
love,
Christi Gudmundson

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I hope you feel better today!!! (((((((HUGS))))))
Christi

Matt and Maggie said...

I wouldn't even know what European chocolate tastes like to crave it. You go Emilee! Matt and I have been to that Island grill. Very, very good. Thanks for posting your blog address, I was looking for it without success. That's all behind us now. :)